Thu, May 9, 2013
The Maryland & District of Columbia Credit Union Association is proud to annually sponsor the Volunteer of the Year Award, the Janet C. Glomp Memorial, and the Professional of the Year Award, the Judith A. Burgin Memorial.
This year marks the 28th year of special awards to recognize an outstanding credit union volunteer and an outstanding credit union professional. These awards have been well received by the credit unions. All affiliates are strongly encouraged to participate.
To nominate an individual, a letter of nomination should be signed by the credit union president, manager, CEO, chairman of the board, or other executive officer. Supporting documents may be attached to the letter of nomination.
Volunteer Award nominations should contain examples of the following award criteria:
- Participation in credit union activities at the chapter, association and national levels.
- Concrete accomplishments of benefit to the credit union's members.
- Continued dedication to serving members' needs.
- Commitment to professional standards of conduct.
- Demonstrates overall spirit of cooperation and teamwork within the credit union.
Professional Award nominations should contain examples of the following award criteria:
- The demonstrated ability to achieve effective and efficient results in the areas of management and supervision.
- The ability to motivate staff and volunteers, and instill in credit union personnel a spirit of teamwork and cooperation.
- Participation in CU activities at the local, chapter, association, and national levels.Professional training and educational achievements.
- Overall credit union career experience and accomplishments.
- Significant contributions to the growth of the credit union and/or the credit union movement.
For nominations to be considered, they must be received by the Association no later than
Friday, May 24, 2013 at the address below:Maryland & District of Columbia Credit Union AssociationAttention: Awards8975 Guilford Road, Suite 190Columbia, MD 21046
Final selections will be made by May 31, 2013. The awards presentation will be made during MDDCCUA's 8th Annual Meeting and Convention at the Roland E. Powell Convention Center, Ocean City, Maryland.
For more information, please call Chief Membership Officer, Jennifer Simmons at 443-325-0781, or e-mail JSimmons@mddccua.org.