Wed, Oct 2, 2013
MD|DC Credit Unions step up to help members through this Government shutdown. Here is a list of special programs in place for members of these credit unions.
- Andrews Federal Credit Union (Suitland, MD) will offer members a Bridge Loan up to $5,000 at 0% APR* for 90 days. Flexible terms up to a year and payment options will be available to manage the loss of income. https://www.andrewsfcu.org/
- APG Federal CU (Aberdeen) Offering furlough loans, Skip a pay program, and expedited credit line increasehttps://www.apgfcu.com/promotional/furlough.aspx
- Department of Labor FCU (Washington, DC): Offering a 0% interest loan for 60 days and then 5% for 10 months and will extend due dates as necessary. DOL is allowing the credit union staff access to our office so staff can continue to answer phones, emails and process loan requests. https://www.dolfcu.org/
- Destinations CU (Baltimore, MD) is allowing members to miss a payment this month for loans without any negative consequences or they can make an interest-only payment.
- Energy FCU (Rockville, MD) is offering furlough loans, get up to two times your net pay with 12 months for repayment, plus no payments for the first 60 days*. https://www.energyfcu.org/home/fiFiles/static/documents/furloughloan.pdf
- FedChoice FCU (Lanham, MD) has Options available to help members with their financial needs – furlough loans, skip a payment options, 90-day delayed payments on new loans, refinancing high-interest loans, etc. https://www.fedchoice.org/
- Fed Financial (Rockville) Offering UNSECURED LOANS AS LOW AS 6.9% APR*, “We have lowered our rates so if you need cash due to the shutdown or any other reason, we can help.”See more at: https://www.fedfinancial.org/
- HEW Credit Union (Prince George’s & Montogemery County) http://www.hewfcu.com/interior.php/sid/13/aid/118/nid/254
- Library of Congress (Hyattsville)https://www.lcfcu.org/home/fiFiles/static/documents/WEBFlyerOct2013_GovWereHere.pdf
- NASA FCU (Annapolis/Bowie): Offering special assistance during shutdown and special rates.See more at: https://www.nasafcu.com/shutdown-assistance/
- National Institutes of Health FCU (Rockville/Bethesda): Offering special shutdown assistance, S.A.F.E. Line of credit: 0% intro APR for the first 60 days, then 1.99% to 4.99% APR for the next 12 months, S.A.F.E. Closed End Loan: 0% APR for the first 30 days, then 1.99% to 4.99% for the next 12 months, See more: https://www.nihfcu.org/personal/loans/safe-loan.aspx
- Nymeo FCU (Frederick, MD) federal workers and others impacted can temporarily reduce loan payments, possibly arrange to skip their monthly payments and we will waive the standard skip a payment fee and if they need a loan to make ends meet our is available to counsel them on ways to save and budget; Short-loans are available with no payments for 90 days. http://www.nymeo.org/
- Partnership Federal FCU (Arlington, VA): Members who HAVE PAYROLL DEDUCTION, a Furlough Loan will be available in the amount of their payroll deposit up to $2,500.For members who HAVE LOANS with –Apply online to Skip-a-Pay — all fees waived during furlough. For members who DO NOT HAVE PAYROLL DEDUCTION: Inquire about our great rates on our Personal Loans. First payment will be waived for 60 days! https://www.thepartnershipfcu.com/
- SecurityPlusFCU (Baltimore, MD) is offering Loan Extension Agreements, 45 Day, No Pay Personal Loan and Penalty-Free Share Certificate Withdrawals. https://www.securityplusfcu.org/
Transportation Federal Credit Union (Washington, DC) stands ready to help. They have loan payment reduction, Special Short-Term Loan, Skip-A-Pay and financial counseling. https://www.transfcu.org/
we are allowing members to miss their payment this month for loans without any negative consequences, or they can make an interest-only payment if they prefer.