Wed, Jan 24, 2018
Andrews Federal Credit Union recently received the Greater Springfield Chamber of Commerce 2017 Corporate Citizen Award. The Award is given to a company demonstrating strong involvement to better the quality of life in the Greater Springfield area.
Andrews Federal has local branches in the region at Springfield Town Center and Old Keene Mill Shopping Center. The staff members at each branch are very active in the local community; volunteering at local Chamber events, schools and community activities whenever possible.
Below is a list of a few of those initiatives the Credit Union participated in, in 2017:
- Assembled meal packages with the Rotary Club of West Springfield to benefit the underprivileged students of Fairfax County
- Provided a branch tour and information on the basics of savings to the Girl Scout Troupe 249
- Packed meals on MLK Day to support the Stop Hunger Now organization
- Sponsored the Cardboard Regatta at Lake Accotink Park
- Supported the 2017 Annual Credit Union for Kids Bowling Tournament to benefit the Children’s Miracle Network
- Donated school supplies to the students of Franconia Elementary
- Volunteered to lay wreaths at the Arlington Cemetery and pack items to benefit homeless veterans in the DC, MD and VA area
- Provided free gas, free groceries and free lunches as a random act of kindness
- Conducted food and outerwear clothing drive to benefit ECHO and Koinonia
- Distributed free packaged lunches to the underprivileged children of Fairfax County as a part of the Summer Lunch Bunch program
“We exist as a credit union in Springfield to benefit those in the local community,” said Jim Hayes, Andrews Federal President & CEO. “Our staff takes pride in volunteering as often as possible. I’m proud to not only be CEO of such an organization, but also as a member. This award symbolizes our commitment to serving the community beyond the four walls of the credit union.”
Photo: Andrews Federal’s Jim Hayes, President & CEO, Oma George, Enola Thaboun, and Ryan Fitzpatrick, were on hand to receive the Corporate Citizen Award.
About Andrews Federal Credit Union
Andrews Federal Credit Union was founded in 1948 to serve the needs of military and civilian personnel by providing a vast array of financial products and services. With over $1.5 billion in assets, Andrews Federal has grown to serve more than 120,000 members in the District of Columbia, Joint Base Andrews (MD), Springfield, Virginia (VA), Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst (NJ), and military installations in central Germany, Belgium, and the Netherlands. In addition, the Credit Union serves as a financial partner with many select employee groups in Maryland, the District of Columbia, Virginia and New Jersey.
To learn more about Andrews Federal Credit Union and its community involvement, or to become a member, call 800.487.5500 or visit www.andrewsfcu.org.