Wed, Dec 20, 2017
The Senate voted Tuesday in favor tax reform legislation that leaves the credit union tax status untouched, and the House is expected to re-vote on the measure Wednesday. The House passed a version of the bill Tuesday, but changes were made in the Senate.
CUNA released its analysis of the bill Monday.
CUNA analysis of the bill covers:
- Unrelated business income tax;
- Deferred compensation;
- Executive compensation;
- Retirement accounts;
- Mortgage interest and property tax deduction;
- New markets tax credit;
- Small business loan interest deductibility;
- Personal tax rates and deductions; and
- Effects on economic growth.