Wed, May 10, 2017
Credit union supporters are encouraged to nominate individuals and organizations for the Herb Wegner Memorial Awards to be presented by the National Credit Union Foundation (the Foundation). Winners will be honored at the Foundation’s annual awards dinner on February 26, 2018 in conjunction with the Credit Union National Association (CUNA) Governmental Affairs Conference (GAC) in Washington, D.C.
“The Foundation’s Wegner Awards are widely considered the highest national honors in the credit union movement,’” said Danielle Brown, Foundation Director of Donor Relations and Development. “We encourage you to nominate individuals and organizations whose achievements fulfill the mission of promoting financial freedom for people everywhere.”
Nominations need to be made by Friday, July 28, 2017 for the following awards:
- The Outstanding Individual Achievement Award honors an individual who is dedicated to promoting the credit union philosophy, has created innovative concepts, and provided leadership that has had a significant and lasting impact on the local, regional, national and/or international credit union movement with measured results.
- The Outstanding Organization/Program Award honors an organization, program or business for their innovative concepts, products, and services that have had a significant impact on the local and/or national and/or international credit union movement with measured results.
Nominations can come from individuals and/or organizations. The following are the three steps needed to make a nomination:
- Complete the Wegner Awards nomination form on the Foundation website (ncuf.coop).
- Gather at least five personal recommendations citing examples of the nominee’s achievements relevant to the award criteria.
- Send the nomination form and recommendation letters electronically to the Foundation by July 28, 2017.
Questions about the Wegner Awards can be directed to Danielle Brown at email@example.com or 608.556.2406.