Tue, May 16, 2017
The Association is taking its BSA Training on the road to Western Maryland later this month. Register for one of the two days offered, Tuesday, May 23 or Wednesday, May 24. The sessions will be held at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Cumberland and will be led by the Association's Director of Compliance, Andre Lucas.
BSA for Frontline Staff
May 23 & 24, 2017, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cumberland
21 North Wineow Street
Cumberland, MD 21502
NCUA and state examiners are committed to enforcing the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), so compling with the regulation should be a top priority for every credit union. Get the information you need to ensure your training requirements have been met before your examiner walks in the door.
- Take a close look at the requirements of BSA and the Customer Identification Program (CIP)
- Receive an overview of the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and the PATRIOT Act
- Review policy requirements and examples of noncompliance.
- Identify the penalties that regulators could potentially impose on your credit union
- Review CTR and SAR filing requirements
- Understand expectations and procedures necessary to comply with independent testing requirements
- Identify appropriate due diligence and internal control procedures
- Get training requirements and materials for managers
- Learn to understand and manage monitoring systems
- Review completing a Risk Assessment
- Examine periodic compliance testing
- Review money laundering examples
During this session, participants will be able to:
Satisfy their annual BSA update training requirements.
All elements of the Bank Secrecy Act are required regardless of credit union's asset size or products and services.