Wed, Sep 21, 2016
The National Credit Union Foundation (the Foundation) is currently seeking nominations for three board seats. Volunteers may generally serve up to three terms of the duration of the term of office for the seat they are selected, as long as they are re-nominated by the Foundation Nominations Committee and re-elected by the Foundation Board.
The qualifications for the three Foundation board seats are as follows:
- Seat 4 – Credit union executive or director. The candidate must be an executive officer or director of a credit union.
- Seat 7 – Credit union executive or director. The candidate must be an executive officer or director of a credit union.
- Seat 13 – Credit union executive or director or system affiliate or at-large.
The following are currently serving in the following seats:
- Seat 4 - Angela McCathran, President/CEO of People’s Trust Federal Credit Union in Houston, Texas, is completing her first three-year term on the Foundation Board;
- Seat 7 – Tom Dorety, President/CEO of Suncoast Credit Union in Tampa, Fla., is retiring from his credit union, making this seat vacant as he is not running for re-election; and
- Seat 13 - Larry Middleman, President/CEO of CU Business Group, LLC in Portland, Ore. is completing his first two-year term on the Foundation Board.
Ms. McCathran and Mr. Middleman have both expressed interest in serving another term.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates interested in applying for any of these three seats can visit www.ncuf.coop/board to obtain the “Declaration of Candidacy” document. Applications must be received by October 14, 2016.