Thu, Jul 28, 2016
Take part in a special promotion available to credit unions who are $50 million or greater in asset size. Now through July 31, when your credit union signs up for TravelMoney and orders at least 40 cards, LSC will waive the $500 implementation fee.
TravelMoney is a prepaid card that members of your credit union can purchase and load with money for use on their vacation. The card replaces traditional travelers checks as a safer spending alternative when on summer vacations and general travel.
The solution to your Members’ Travel Needs
As an agent program, LSC has set all the fees on the card and will assume all the fraud risk associated with the program. There is no credit union liability and no credit union fraud exposure.
With the Visa TravelMoney Program, your credit union will be able to earn additional revenue by charging a retail fee for issuing the card.
Custom programs are also available where your credit union would take on the fraud risk, determine any fees to charge your members and earn the interchange income.
TravelMoney card benefits
- Branded with the VISA Logo, accepted at over 20 million VISA locations worldwide
- In addition to carrying the Visa Logo, the card also supports the Plus and Interlink networks
- Can be used at ATMs to withdraw cash and at merchants that accept pinned based POS transactions
- Cards are instantly issued at the credit union
- Standard card design with CUMONEY logo or your Credit Union logo
- Your members can receive transaction information, change PINs, check balances and fund the card via www.cumoney.com website
- Can be funded with checking or savings but is NOT linked to accounts
- Can be funded for amount from $100 to $5000
Card carries a 24 month expiration date under "Visa TravelMoney card benefits"
How the TravelMoney card works
Your Members purchase and fund a Visa TravelMoney card at your credit union with cash, check or credit union credit card.
24 hours after the card has been sold, your member calls the toll free number to activate their card and change their PIN.
The cardholder can reload their cards from the convenience of their home via a secured internet site just for their Visa TravelMoney card, www.cumoney.com.
Cardholders can make purchases at merchants and get US currency or foreign local currency at ATMs worldwide.
- Cardholders receive Travel Benefits at not cost to you or your members. The Travel Benefits are 90-day Purchase Protection, Travel & Emergency assistance and Lost Luggage reimbursement.
How do I offer?
Easy program development
No additional software
Only an internet connection
Minimal accounting requirements
LSC provides all back office support and customer service
Our system is secure, each credit union’s authorized staff person has a unique logon and password – same as the gift card program
Credit Union to market the program
- Marketing website available to order additional inserts, tent cards, posters and materials.