Tue, Jun 21, 2016
Getting escrow compliance right is very important to the borrower, your institution, and examiners. Especially with the new escrow requirements for flood insurance premiums in effect. Compliance requirements include initial analysis and disclosure, annual disclosures, recordkeeping, and more. In addition, RESPA, TILA, and flood compliance regulations all address when escrow is required. And now examiners are scrutinizing your procedures for shortages, surpluses, and deficiencies. It can all get quite confusing!
This webinar will review the entire escrow compliance process and reveal common errors and examiner citations and “hot buttons.” Checklists will be provided to assist with escrow requirements and to ensure your disclosures and statements are complete, compliant, and correct.
NOTE: The manual will be provided in procedural language so you will have a template to write or enhance your own escrow procedures.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- When escrow applies under RESPA, TILA (for high-priced mortgages), and flood insurance rules (including the new escrow requirements for flood)
- Initial analysis for proper escrow amounts
- How to disclose escrow on the new TRID documents?
- Requirements for initial disclosure as well as annual and short-year statements
- Handling shortages, surpluses, or deficiencies
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Audit procedures for escrow requirements.
- Sample checklists to test the content of your disclosures
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for compliance officers, lending personnel, and auditors.
Webinar scheduled for July 20, 2016 from 3:00-4:30 PM.
For more information or to register, CLICK HERE