Mon, Nov 16, 2015
If you're responsible for the Call Report data collection, preparation and review process, consider participating in the December 1 webinar. Examiners are thoroughly testing and validating Call Report disclosures, with no regard to materiality. Preparing Call Reports has become more complicated as credit unions continue to evolve and offer more elaborate products and services to their members. In addition, NCUA has raised the bar for accurate and timely submissions by assessing civil money penalties for non-compliance.
Preparing financial statements for the Call Report is just like preparing your own internal financial statements, right? Think again! There are some subtle differences that may otherwise go unnoticed. The disclosures for investments, CUSOs, and derivatives are so important that they have their very own schedules! This session will provide tips, tricks, and relevant examples that will assist you in the preparation of the quarterly Call Reports. Make sure to bring your questions! The webinar is offered at 3:00 p.m. on December 1, 2015.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Critical areas to review for completeness and precision
- Enhance accuracy of the data entered into the Call Report
- New requirements and trends
- Explore real-world examples
- Compliance with generally accepted accounting principles in a regulatory reporting environment
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Important links to NCUA’s Credit Union Online website, including updated Call Report forms, instructions, and recent changes
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for individuals involved in the Call Report data collection, preparation and review process, with a focus on finance and accounting.