Tue, Nov 3, 2015
CUNA is offering a 90-minute webinar on reporting responsibilities for traditional and Roth IRAs on Tuesday, November 10, 2015 at 3:00 pm. The session will cover common issues and error resolution. This webinar, presented in simple English, will help ensure your institution is up-to-date on reporting and compliance responsibilities. It will address traditional and Roth IRA governmental reporting requirements, participant notices, and statement requirements. From 1099-R and 5498 reporting to required minimum distribution and beneficiary distribution reporting, this session will cover a lot of ground! Learn common reporting mistakes, correction methods, and that often more than one method may be used to meet your compliance responsibilities (some easier than others). Whether you have operational, managerial, or accountholder contact responsibilities, you will benefit from this informative session.
- Review of 1099-R and 5498 forms, reporting requirements, and deadlines, including recent reporting changes
- Summary of required IRA accountholder statements and notices, including account, fair market value, and required minimum distribution statements and notices
- Beneficiary reporting and notice requirements
- How to correct and report IRA excess contributions
- Deadlines and penalties for missing reporting and notice deadlines
- How to handle reporting mistakes and properly make corrections