Mon, Jan 5, 2015
CU Policy Pro announced the final content update for 2014 for the CU PolicyPro Operations Manual - Update Version 2014.4. CU PolicyPro is a dues-supported service provided to all MD|DC CUA member credit unions.
This update includes forty two policy updates. One policy was reviewed but no changes were necessary. A full listing of the updated policies can be found in the "Update Overview" document below.
The tracked changes version of each update can be found in the library section of the online manual. There is also a full word version of the new policy that mirrors the content found in the online Master Manual. It is important to note that when updates are made to the Master Manual, these updates do not automatically go into your Working Manual. We do not want to take the chance of overwriting your content, or putting in content that may not apply to your credit union.
Next Steps for your Credit Union
Using the “Overview” document below, and the “Tracked Changes” information found in the online library, review the changes for each policy, and for each policy decide if you want to:
- Do nothing and leave your Working Manual as is (usually only if the update does not apply to your credit union, or you are not currently using the policy)
- Remove the policy from your Working Manual and bring in the updated policy in its entirety (usually if your working manual version has little or no customization, or if our updates were very extensive and it would be easier to start with the updated content and re-customize for your credit union)
- Use the redlined version as a guide and manually incorporate the updates into your Working Manual version (usually if the updates were very minor, or if your working manual version is heavily customized and it would be less work to manually add the updates rather than re-customize the policy)
The following documentation is available online to help you understand the updates and incorporate them into your working manual:
- Update Overview - this lists all of the updated and new policies and provides a brief overview of what was updated and why it was updated.
- Updating Your Working Manual - this document provides written instructions on removing the existing policy from your working manual and bringing in the updated policy in its entirety.
- Video Webinar - Updating Your Working Manual - this recorded webinar walks you through the update process, including manually inserting the updated content into your policies. Please note this webinar was recorded using the content from a previous update; however, the methodology will be the same for any update.
- Alphabetical Policy Listing - the alphabetical policy listing is helpful for finding particular policies.
As with all the policies, you may need to modify these updates to meet your specific needs and ensure they comply with state law regulations.
If you have any questions, please contact the CU PolicyPro support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.