13901 Glen Mill Road
Rockville, MD 20850
You must log in before you can register.
This 3-part workshop will focus on external and internal branding:
● Define your brand and assure it’s authentic
● Deliver on your brand promise through a measured and improved member experience
● Brand your department as the strategic driver that it is through proven ROI calculations
Part 1 - Tips from a Frustrated Bank Shopper
When sizing up credit union clients, we often start by “shopping” their branches and those of their competition. This has allowed us to experience, first hand, how more than a hundred branches hit a home run with members – or completely screw it up.
This session will demonstrate what you can learn from more than a hundred credit union and bank shops.
● Learn the process to conduct your own secret shops and what to measure
● Receive tips and tools that you can provide to your staff immediately
● Hear case studies of how these techniques have worked with other CUs and community banks
● Discuss how to take a more retail approach to selling financial products and services
Part 2 - How to Have an Authentic Brand
A brand isn’t what you say you are - it’s what you actually do – everyday - in every single member interaction.
This session will focus on identifying your existing brand and determining if it is aligned with your member needs, market expectations and credit union’s personality. When you brand is aligned, you will have happier employees, more satisfied members and overall better retention and share of wallet.
● Learn the 4 pillars of authenticity
● Walk through the steps to review, define or create your brand
● Discuss how to have Disney-style service in your branch
Part 3 - ROI: Speaking the CEO’s Language
In your credit union, the marketing department is either the “arts and crafts” division or a valuable, strategic entity. How can you brand your department as the vital business-driver that it is?
This session will help your department speak directly to your internal target audience: the CEO and CFO.
● See new ways to look at ROI
● Ensure that all of the right CU players are onboard
● Learn 5 formulas for ROI and when to use them
● Discuss how to best use your results
● Receive valuable tools to take back to your CU
Eric Gagliano, a Certified Financial Marketing Professional (CFMP), is a leading credit union marketer with more than 17 years of marketing experience. Coming from the advertising agency world, as an account executive focused on strategic planning, branding, market research, and product promotion, Eric joined the credit union world in 2002 as the Vice President of Marketing at River Valley Credit Union in Dayton, Ohio.
“I was the consummate credit union target audience … young, with a great career, a new family, home and cars … and no idea what a credit union was!”
As Senior Vice President of MarketMatch, Eric lives and breathes the credit union movement. He has enjoyed great success in increasing brand awareness, member growth, and services per member for clients across the country. Eric is a frequently requested speaker for groups such as the CUNA Marketing & Business Development Council, Marketing Association of Credit Unions, and numerous state associations.
Signing in, networking, light breakfast - 8:30 a.m.
Training - 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Lunch will be provided.
Maryland and D.C.-based credit unions $75 million and under in assets may be eligible for a 75% educational reimbursement from the Credit Union Foundation of MD & DC. For details and an application, visit http://www.cufound.org/training.htm
October 9th, 2012 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM