We are currently seeking an experienced Payment Processing Manager for our corporate headquarters in Greenbelt, MD. The Payment Processing Manager oversees the following major credit union programs: ACH processing and management, mail processing, share drafts, ATM cash and deposit automation support along with an extensive internal program designed to support our member-facing team. Candidate will oversee an Assistant Payment Processing Manager and provide management support including coaching and disciplinary action. The Payment Processing Manager is responsible to ensure excellent audit results. The Manager is also expected to spearhead departmental efforts to streamline operations and utilize technology to minimize processing errors. All responsibilities will be in accordance with Federal, State and Credit Union policies, regulations and procedures.
Bachelor's Degree in a business-related field preferred. High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required. A minimum of three (3) years experience as a department manager in an office environment required. Candidate will have a pattern of recommending and seeing to implementation ways of making internal procedures more efficient and member-friendly. Candidate will have a working knowledge of Accounting principles, including GL entries and daily balancing procedures. Prefer candidate to have working knowledge of ATM networks and cash management. Candidate will have excellent Microsoft Word and Excel skills. Due to the nature of this career position, candidate will be highly organized, have the ability to juggle multiple priorities and have the ability to problem solve on the fly. Able to work accurately and independently under specific time constraints with the ability to perform detailed work. Ability to function in a financial institution environment and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to: PC, 10 key calculator, fax, copier, telephone, etc. Ability to lift a minimum of 15 lbs.
1. Ensure the share draft process within Payment Processing is completed with the highest rate of accuracy and daily work is properly balanced.
2. Assures adherence to the department phone queues and keeps wait times to a minimum by analyzing incoming call volume, recognizing trends and leading the organization to change our internal procedures to become more efficient and member friendly.
3. Develops strategies to respond to member and internal inquiries within service timeframes.
4. Writes a weekly summary of departmental projects, issues and concerns. When applicable, develops strategies to ensure the highest level of performance and removes operational roadblocks.
5. Works with Subject Matter Experts (SME) to write highly detailed policies and procedures across all lines of business to ensure business continuity.
6. Manages workflow for incoming mail (both deposits and payments) to ensure all items are posted the day of receipt. Due to the variable nature of incoming mail, must manage closely and realign resources depending on workload.
7. Supports the Director of Operations to ensure excellent audit results of all areas of responsibility and can act as the Director if required or asked.
8. Implements a comprehensive cross training program to build team expertise and ensures all daily processing is completed.
9. Provides career counseling, direction and guidance to enhance the Payment Processing team's career growth.
10. Interacts with all levels of the organization and regularly interacts with members to ensure the highest level of service delivery.
11. Participates in the Credit Union's Business Continuity Plan; participates and initiates plan tests as applicable.
12. Supports any organizational priority that will strengthen the mission, values and vision of Educational Systems FCU.
Please submit resume and cover letter to https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=7328371