We are currently seeking an experienced professional for a Member Service Representative/Teller position in our FAA Branch in Washington, DC. Under general supervision, but following established policies and procedures, provides a variety of member services functions. Assist members with their financial needs. Responds to questions and/or provides information upon request from internal and external members. Processes requests and conducts transactions as appropriate. Interviews loan applicants and processes loan applications and disbursal. Assist members and potential members in understanding and utilizing the Credit Union's products and services. Provide consistent outstanding member service to exceed members' expectations. Assist with the end of day branch balancing process.
- Branch banking/credit union experience of 2 – 5 years
- Active listening and excellent oral communications skills
- Positive and engaging attitude
- Pleasant member service demeanor
- Assist members with opening and closing accounts, answers questions about products and services and resolves problems that are within their authority to resolve. Processes members loan applications and disburse funds. Refers problems that are beyond their authority to their supervisor, along with their recommendations. Greets members and others entering the branch and determine how they may be assisted.
- Receives and processes member financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals and loan payments; sells money orders and travelers checks to members; transfers amounts from member accounts as directed.
- Identifies cross-sell opportunities and cross-sells services to members. Educate existing and new members on products and services provided by TFCU.
- Ensures that appropriate records are maintained and required reports are prepared. Maintain confidentiality of account and member information, monitors, assembles, and restocks all branch supplies and forms (Truth & Savings disclosures, brochures, new member packets, deposit slips, etc...)
- Acts as liaison between members and various organizations and departments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Branch Manager. May be asked to assist at other branch locations.
- Stays knowledgeable of and complies with applicable laws and regulations, including BSA/AML and OFAC.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
TFCU is conveniently located to metro and public transportation. Transportation Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer. We select candidates for employment based on knowledge, skills and abilities that are relevant to job performance. We do not discriminate on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Credit history is screened for this position
Applicants may apply for the position by faxing their resume to (202) 385-6094 or e-mailing their resume to HR@transfcu.org