The primary purpose of this position is: To assist and maintain the computer systems and all peripheral devices (Monitors, printers, PCs, etc.). Handle the daily routine procedures of Information Systems. Provide IT support to end users in 3 different branches. Manage support cases with vendors. Complete tasks that are part of implementation projects. Assist in various projects.
The IT Support Technician performs the installation, repair and preventative maintenance of personal computer and related systems. They provide day-to-day technical support to employees for network infrastructure and internal desktop systems software and hardware. Installs, configures, and troubleshoots desktop systems, workstations, servers, and network issues in heterogeneous environment. They communicate highly technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel and assists in determining suitable software to meet user requirements. The IT Support Technician may participate in development of information technology and infrastructure projects.
• Education (Minimum Needed): High School Diploma. Some college preferred.
• Experience (Minimum Needed): Minimum 1 year of work experience.
• Specialized Knowledge needed For Performance of Job: Thorough understanding of computer systems and operational needs of a financial institution. Full understanding of computer, peripheral devices, and communication equipment.
• Other Skills: Technical skills, written and oral communications, analytic and problem solving skills.
• Assist and maintain operations of computer systems
• Process daily routine procedures of Information Systems
• Act as support backup when other IT staff are unavailable or out of office
• Monitor network and system conditions
• Act as primary contact for staff support cases
• Act as primary contact for support cases with software and hardware vendors
• Provide software and hardware support for approximately 45 users at 3 different branches running PCs and Laptops with Windows XP and Windows 7 operating systems. Software includes Microsoft Office suite, Telnet applications, FTP, Lotus Notes, Adobe Acrobat, Internet Explorer 8.X and 9.X etc. Hardware includes PCs, printers, scanners, fax machines etc.
• Assist with regular IT Security training and monitoring to ensure compliance
• Create / update documentation or instructions for future problem resolution
• Perform hardware and software installations and upgrades
• Maintain software and hardware inventory
• Manage users in Unix and Windows Active Directory
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
• Provide after-hours support when necessary
• Assist in upgrades, maintenance, and other tasks during nights and weekends when necessary
• Perform other duties as assigned
Market USA FCU offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, generous paid time off, an employer matching 401(K) Plan, life insurance, long term disability and career advancement opportunities. For more information on Market USA, please visit our website at www.marketusafcu.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Mail your resume to: Market USA FCU, Human Resources, 8871 Gorman Road, Suite 100, Laurel, MD 20723 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org