Washington, DC based credit union seeks a bilingual (English-Spanish) candidate for a Full-Time Member Service Representative position. The chosen applicant will be responsible for providing a variety of sales and service functions such as providing information on all credit union services in person, by phone, email or mail, and effectively cross-selling the products and services that meet the member’s specific needs. The chosen applicant will also be responsible for processing deposits, withdrawals, loans, and VISA payments, and answering account inquiries.
Bachelor's Degree Required. Two or more years of cash handling and customer service experience in a financial institution or retail organization. Must have strong customer-service skills and experience selling and cross-selling products and services. Excellent interpersonal, both verbal and written communication skills are required. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. The ideal candidate should be energetic, team-oriented, and customer service focused. Must be fluent in Spanish, both oral and written. Maintain a professional appearance, dress, and attitude. Some local travel is required.
Some duties and responsibilities include:
• Perform routine member transactions, including deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, cash advances, transfers, etc.
• Process mail, ATM, and night deposit transactions.
• Assist members with enrollment and use of online banking and bill pay services.
• Opening and closing accounts, renewing certificates, and perform a variety of account maintenance.
• Answer general questions regarding credit union savings and loan products.
• Process consumer loan applications.
• Participate in credit union membership drives, benefit fairs and new employee orientations held by core member group and/or SEGs.
Hoya Federal Credit Union is dedicated to serving its members with superior service. We believe that providing top quality service begins with hiring service oriented people. Therefore, we are continuously in search of such qualified, talented individuals to join our winning team.
At Hoya FCU, we offer competitive wages and great benefits. Following are some of the benefits, programs and services that makes Hoya Federal Credit Union great.
• Monday-Friday Office Hours Only
• 10+ paid holidays
• Medical, dental, prescription and vision insurance
• 401(k) Plan with employer match
• Free Life and Disability Insurance
Send resume and other pertinent information to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Hoya FCU, Attn: Human Resources, Georgetown University, PO Box 571106, Washington, DC 20057-1106