This position is responsible for all finance, accounting and investment functions within the credit union. This position ensures that policies, procedures and controls are developed and implemented in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, generally accepted accounting principles and industry best practices in support of the mission and strategies of the credit union. These responsibilities are done within all Credit Union policies and procedures as well as all applicable laws and regulations. All Securityplus employees are expected to be ambassadors of the Credit Union delivering excellent intradepartmental and member service, while promoting the Credit Union and cross-selling its products and services.
Related Bachelor's degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree a plus
This position requires 5 - 10 years of direct experience in financial management. Applicant must possess current knowledge of financial and security laws and regulations; strong analytical skills, excellent communication skills both oral and written along with strong presentation skills. The applicant should have the ability to manage a productive team, ability to work under intensive deadlines and the ability to work well across multiple departments, interact with staff, members and others encountered in the course of work. Applicant must possess a thorough understanding of accounting, budgeting, financial analysis and asset/liability management. Applicant must also possess detailed knowledge of GAAP and NCUA/Banking regulations. Experience with Profit Star, Business Participation Lending and Commercial Lending a plus.
• Computer experience
Must have strong hands-on experience with automated banking systems/software as well as financial forecasting & modeling software. Must possess excellent spreadsheet skills to understand and apply complex formulas. Must also possess excellent PC skills, including word-processing, spreadsheet, database, electronic calendar, and e-mail. Experience on related financial institution customer service systems, or other closely related financial data input and retrieval systems/equipment also necessary.
• Required skills and abilities
o Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
o Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
o Ability to be detail-oriented.
o Proven ability to deliver accurate work.
o Ability to work in a fast paced member-focused environment.
o Knowledge of applicable laws/policies/principles/etc.
o Current driver’s license (acceptable driving record) and access to an automobile with the flexibility of going to various locations on a daily basis.
o Proven ability to adapt to different roles as needed.
o Ability to obtain a government security clearance.
o Ability to be bonded by an insurance company.
o Analytical and problem-solving skills.
o Planning and organization skills.
o Proven ability to report to work as scheduled.
o Flexibility to deal with unexpected events.
o Occasionally attend meetings or events that may occur outside of regularly scheduled work hours.
• Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position involves typical office work such as the use of the PC, reviewing manuals and related office papers, the use of the telephone, fax, and photocopy machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit; occasionally required to stand; walk; reach; talk; and hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
• Plans, directs and controls SFCU process of preparation, analysis and communication of all financial information for use by management, the Board of Directors (BOD), auditors and examiners. Keep abreast of all issues, trends, best practices as they relate to the credit union and its members.
• Direct the preparation of all financial reports including profitability of products/services and branches. Reports also include analysis of income, expense, investments, asset/liability growth and regulatory reports.
• Provides strategic and operational financial services support to the credit union to shape and implement strategic change. Participate in the meetings of the Asset/Liability Committee, Planning Committee, Strategic Planning Committee and BOD.
• Ensures that all financial and accounting activities are in compliance with GAAP, NCUA regulations and applicable laws.
• Direct the process for the preparation of the annual budget and capital expenditure plans as well as the multi-year strategic and tactical plans, ensuring compliance with the strategic objectives of the credit union.
• Manage the credit union's investment portfolio, making decisions that are consistent with the credit union's strategies and risk tolerance.
• Develop short and long-term projections of revenue growth and trends, asset/liability forecasts, expense trends and projections and investment projections is support of SFCU strategic objectives.
• Effectively manage the Accounting and Bookkeeping departments.
• Provide pricing for all deposit products and support the pricing of asset products.
• Provide or support development of financial analysis in support of all contracts, new product development or product/service modifications.
• Performs other duties as instructed or assigned by your Supervisor.
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Securityplus Federal Credit Union is a $363 million not-for-profit, member-owned, full service financial institution, with several branches across the Baltimore community, since 1938 with over 33,000 members.
We offer excellent employee benefit programs including access to Securityplus FCU products and services, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), pension plan, tuition assistance program, AFLAC, flexible spending accounts, paid: life insurance, disability benefits, annual leave, sick leave and holidays, along with a competitive compensation program.
If you want to work for a growing, dynamic financial institution in a stable and supportive work environment, please e-mail your resume with salary requirements to email@example.com.
All positions at the Credit Union REQUIRE a positive Credit and Background History. Successful candidates will be subject to a pre-employment drug screening and a background investigation, which includes a credit check.
Securityplus Federal Credit Union
P.O. Box 7560
Baltimore, MD 21244
Attn.: Human Resources