Responsible for the development of business relationships with prospective and existing members. Provides direction for the organization and makes recommendations to management regarding business development strategies, products, and services.
Business Development Officer: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday, reports to VP of Marketing.
Experience: Five years to ten years of similar or related experience.
Education: (1) A two year college degree or (2) Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or (3) Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program.
Interpersonal Skills: The ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy, trust, and charisma. Obtaining cooperation (internally and externally) and building strong relationships is integral to the position.
Other Skills/Requirements: Must have excellent communication and presentation skills. Strong knowledge of the financial industry, particularly regarding real estate. Ability to work within deadlines and under pressure. Microsoft Office proficient (includes Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Utilize standard office equipment. Must pass background check, maintain bondability, and maintain MLO registration with the NMLS.
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. Ability to sit at a desk or stand for extended periods.
Work Environment: Extensive local travel required. Occasional out of town travel. Must maintain valid driver's license.
- This job description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.
- This position will be posted both internally and externally.
- Final internal and external candidates must successfully complete the required pre-employment assessments designated for this position.
70% Fosters business development, including membership, loan, and deposit growth, in order to achieve annual growth targets set by senior management. Actively cultivates relationships, including sourcing new membership and expanding existing relationships, and represents the credit union to outside organizations such as local businesses, sponsor groups, vendors, other financial institutions, and similar groups, primarily through networking and personal contact. Enhances current and identifies new sponsorship opportunities for increasing credit union awareness within the field of membership area. Serves as the point of contact with sponsor organizations.
15% Maintains excellent knowledge of products and services offered by the credit union and its competitors. Monitors financial industry trends and analyzes key data in order to develop recommendations for management regarding enhancements to products, pricing, and processes; cost efficiencies; and business development strategy.
10% Provides support and acts as backup for the VP of Marketing as needed, especially with regards to public relations, member compliant/grievance response activity, and collateral materials, including electronic media. Assists with the development of promotional strategies to meet business development goals.
5% Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Provide prompt, professional, and accurate service and support to all members, potential members, employees, and associate relationships. Troubleshoot and resolve issues or complaints in a timely and accurate manner. Ensure the member experience is delivered as promised throughout all interactional touchpoints including but not limited to branch locations, call center, loan processing, and online channels.
- Source new business memberships and expand existing relationships to drive business deposit and loan volume, primarily through networking and personal contact.
- Maintain an excellent knowledge of financial services offered by the Credit Union and be knowledgeable of competitors' services. Provide informed, prompt, professional and accurate service and support to all members and associates
- Attend multiple business, community, and credit union events each week. Proactively participate in regular networking opportunities within the community as a representative of the Credit Union.
- Ensure all laws, regulations and policies & procedures of the Credit Union are being followed including but not limited to all Fair Lending and BSA/USA PATRIOT ACT requirements. Monitor and document BSA/USA PATRIOT ACT compliance efforts.