This position is responsible for directly supporting the Branch Manager in the daily operational functions within the branch including loss control, employee evaluations, scheduling, compliance, audit standards and member retention. This person serves as Branch Manager in his/her absence by monitoring and motivating employees and providing leadership to the branch to provide quality service to all members in a timely manner. These responsibilities are done within all Credit Union policies and procedures as well as all applicable laws and regulations. All Securityplus employees are expected to be ambassadors of the Credit Union delivering excellent intradepartmental and member service, while promoting the Credit Union and cross-selling its products and services.
Related Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent or combination of education and experience.
Three years Retail Branch Sales/Services experience required. Must have strong customer service skills in a financial institution working on relatively complex financial products; have excellent knowledge of features and benefits of products and services; possess strong knowledge of NCUA or banking regulations and compliance factors and possess strong knowledge of branch operational functions and lending practices. Prior managerial experience is highly desired.
• Computer experience
Must possess strong PC skills, including word-processing, spreadsheet, and e-mail. Related experience is needed performing complex financial transactions on financial institution software.
• Required skills and abilities
o Should have strong communication skills; interpersonal and written.
o Must possess strong member sales and service skills, leadership skills.
o Must be highly organized, flexible, detail oriented, self-motivated, able to work independently and to organize and prioritize tasks.
o Must have problem solving abilities.
o Ability to obtain a government security clearance required.
o Ability to be bonded by an insurance company.
o Must have the ability to coach and train employees and have good decision making skills.
• Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position involves typical office work such as the use of the PC, reviewing manuals and related office papers, the use of the telephone, fax, and photocopy machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit; occasionally required to stand; walk; reach; talk; and hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
• Provides direction and work guidance to branch office MSSR's and other branch staff. Provides assistance in the resolution of workflow and related member service problems.
• Provides training, cross training and coaching to branch employees. Supervises, coaches and develops a team of MSR's, Head Teller, Senior Teller and Tellers regarding policies, procedures, systems and financial transactions.
• Assists with recruiting, hiring, discharging, appraising and disciplining employees. Promoting employee morale, creating confidence for a cohesive team environment in the absence of the Branch Manager.
• Exhibits and promotes the preferred way of cross selling during interaction with new and perspective members.
• Assist members with problems, questions and discrepancies regarding account reconciliation, opening accounts, closing accounts, loan inquires, account inquiries, etc. Completes all required paperwork, enters all required information into systems and sends all completed paperwork to the file room.
• Handles complex member and employee situations in the absence of the Manager.
• Cross-trained to help with other duties as needed.
• Responsible for the coordination of the Business Continuity Plan.
• Responsible for compliance with rules and regulations including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act.
• Perform administrative duties including opening and closing of the Branch, Perform monthly or daily audits, ATM settlements, Cash orders and Negotiable instrument audits.
• Performs other duties as instructed or assigned by your Supervisor.
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Securityplus Federal Credit Union is a $380 million not-for-profit, member-owned, full service financial institution, with several branches across the Baltimore community, since 1938 with over 34,000 members.
We offer excellent employee benefit programs including access to Securityplus FCU products and services, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), pension plan, tuition assistance program, AFLAC, flexible spending accounts, paid: life insurance, disability benefits, PTO and holidays, along with a competitive compensation program.
If you want to work for a growing, dynamic financial institution in a stable and supportive work environment, please apply at https://www.securityplusfcu.org/1/membership/employment.aspx by selecting 'Find Your Position'.
All positions at the Credit Union REQUIRE a positive Credit and Background History. Successful candidates will be subject to a pre-employment drug screening and a background investigation, which includes a credit check.
Securityplus Federal Credit Union
P.O. Box 7560
Baltimore, MD 21244
Attn.: Human Resources
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.