The Department of Commerce Federal Credit Union is seeking Collector to join our collections department. The ideal candidate will have a High School Diploma or GED and 1-3 years of collections experience in a financial institution or like industry. Experience with Symitar (Episys) is preferred. The successful candidate must be a detail-oriented, energetic, go-getter who is knowledgeable of all collections and bankruptcy laws.
• Outstanding communication skills both verbal & written.
• Able to work independently
• Detail-oriented and the ability to follow up on tasks.
• Knowledgeable of all collections and bankruptcy laws
• Work effectively under pressure and maintain a positive attitude
• Capable of multi-tasking, prioritizing, and managing time efficiently
• Contacts delinquent and negative balance accounts by phone, mail and email
• Determine the reason for delinquency, make appropriate arrangement to bring the account current, negotiate extension agreements
• Document all collection activity, payment arrangements and correspondence.
• Ensure collection process is conducted in accordance with credit union policy, bankruptcy code, legal regulations, and Fair Debt Collection Practices and governing state laws.
• Skip trace to locate members utilizing available collection tools.
• Inform management of trends in loan underwriting contributing to delinquent/charge-off loans.
• Other related duties as assigned.
The Department of Commerce Federal Credit Union is a community based financial institution located in Washington, DC. The credit union prides itself on its member services that harkens to the day when every member was known by their first name. Its field of membership includes most Department of Commerce employees and anyone who lives, works, worships or goes to school in Washington, DC. Established in 1933 the credit union has grown to over $400 million in assets with over 20,000 members. The credit union is very strong financially with consistent bottom line performance exceeding peer averages. The credit union offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
The Department of Commerce Federal Credit Union provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Department of Commerce Federal Credit Union complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Individuals with collections experience in a financial institution are encouraged to apply.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.