Market USA FCU is currently recruiting for a full time Staff Accountant. The Staff Accountant is responsible for performing a variety of accounting functions including general ledger/account maintenance, reconciliations and financial analysis. These responsibilities are done within all credit union policies and procedures as well as laws and regulations.
Associate’s degree (AA) in Accounting or related field or combination of education and experience. Knowledge of GAAP recommended.
Two years of prior experience performing general accounting functions in an office environment including data collection, verification, compilation, report preparation, and coordination of related activities. Experience in researching and resolving accounting issues as required. Experience in the credit union industry a plus.
• Computer Experience
Candidate must possess excellent spreadsheet skills to understand and apply complex formulas. Candidate should have strong PC skills including word-processing, database, internet & e-mail
• Interpersonal & Organizational Skills
Ability to organize/prioritize work and manage time to complete assignments. Excellent communication skills including telephone, written and verbal/interpersonal skills. Must be able to effectively communicate with members & other department staff.
• Background Checks
All positions require background test, drug test, bondability, credit checks and cognitive/skills testing.
Ability to be bonded by insurance company
Ability to work independently, and as a part of a team
Proven ability to deliver accurate work
Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Analytical and problem solving skills
Proven ability to report to work as scheduled
• Provides accurate and timely monthly reconciliation of assigned general ledger accounts & be able to resolve outstanding items.
• Participates in the month-end process
• Maintains fixed assets accounting system & pre-paids schedules
• Responsible for ATM & vault reconciliations.
• Processes accounts payable as scheduled by coding invoices, printing checks & mailing payments.
• Process charged off loans each month.
• Participates in audits & special projects regularly.
• Assists in ordering debit cards and processing card reissues.
• Serves as back up to other assigned functions such as: ACH, share draft and debit card job duties & functions and Wire transfer verifications.
• Assists front office as well as Member Service Department with balancing issues, official check issues as and when necessary.
• Performs other special projects and other duties as assigned by your supervisor
Market USA FCU was established in 1953, originally founded as Giant Food Federal Credit Union. Our goal is to service the diverse financial needs of it members throughout their lifetimes. As an employer, Market USA FCU offers a highly competitive compensation program with benefits that include vacation/sick/personal holidays; paid training, healthcare, dental, vision, and retirement plan with employer match. Market USA FCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this position, send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: email@example.com, or you can mail the information to: 8871 Gorman Road, Laurel, MD 20723.