Under general supervision, but following established policies and procedures, performs a variety of semi-complex and routine accounting, clerical and operational duties in the Accounting Department related to ACH’s and Share Drafts. Receives, sorts, and proofs accounting documents, posts totals to the general ledger, performs arithmetic calculations, reviews internal records and reconciles accounts, and performs other related duties. Responds to questions and/or provides information upon request from members (internal and external). Processes all requests/transactions, as appropriate. Assist members and potential members in understanding and utilizing Credit Union products and services.
• Must be bondable
• Requires High School Diploma or equivalent (GED). AA in accounting or college level accounting courses preferred.
• Minimum 2 year previous in accounting, ACH, share draft, and/or Financial Institution experience required.
• Requires strong written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
• Requires knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Federal Reserve Bank Responsibilities
• Primary responsibility for balancing and ensuring adequate funding for daily settlement activity at the Federal Reserve Bank and other corporate accounts
• Reconciles daily the Federal Reserve Bank general ledger accounts
• Processes and reconciles all payroll deduction accounts, pre-authorized transfers and ACH distributions. Receives and processes daily ACH files, verifies ACH pre-notes, returns ACH overdrafts and non-post able items to the Federal Reserve Bank (FRB).
• Maintains stop payments and revocations for ACH and ensures that stop payments are on the system; collects fees for stop payment processing if applicable.
• Responsible for incoming and outgoing wire activities and verifying Verafin sanctions.
• FRB adjustments and reconciling FRB statements.
• Performs FRB, Mid-Atlantic Corporate, and correspondent bank general ledger reconciliations daily.
• Prepares and submits member reclamations.
• Utilizing tact and experienced based knowledge, researches and resolves member (internal and external) problems/questions explaining specific policies and procedures while representing the Credit Union in a professional manner and maintaining positive member relations.
• Prepares a variety of on-going and/or special reports on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and year end basis, to include account activity and cost analysis and specialized monthly management reports relating to all GL accounts.
• Responsible for the annual ACH and Wire audits performed with a third party.
• Required to have annual ACH Training
• Responsible for processing Share Draft daily returns via the processor, including inquiries and retrievals. Processes and resolves member inquiries regarding share drafts, returned checks and stop payments. Maintain and update member records as needed.
• Responsible for balancing and reconciling of general ledger accounts pertaining to share drafts. Research and resolve any out of balance conditions daily.
• Ensures that draft stop payments are on the system; collects fees for stop payment processing if applicable.
• Place stop payments on credit union drafts and responds to status inquiries. Prepare and mail overdraft notices for draft accounts when needed.
• Generates general ledger vouchers, checks, account statements, reports, and other accounting records as required.
• Performs other Accounting/Processing duties as assigned by the CFO or CEO.
• Process branch cash shipment orders
• Wire Processing, incoming and out-going, foreign and domestic
• Ordering of foreign cash orders for members
• Processes Courtesy Pay enrollments and maintenance
• Processes Remote Deposit Capture enrollments and transactions daily
• Responsible for court ordered garnishments, tax levies and judgements
• Responsibility for training staff for support in their absence
• Cross trained in accounting department for support in their absence
• Other duties as assigned.
Prince George's Community Federal Credit Union is a financial cooperative serving the citizens who live, work, worship, or volunteer in Prince George's County for over 50 years.
To apply, submit your resume with a cover letter, salary history and requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No Phone Calls Please.