This position is responsible for performing various member transactions accurately and securely. These responsibilities are done within all Credit Union policies and procedures as well as all applicable laws and regulations. All Securityplus employees are expected to be ambassadors of the Credit Union delivering excellent intradepartmental and member service, while promoting the Credit Union and cross-selling its products and services.
High School Diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Candidate should possess a minimum of 6 months or more experience with cash handling and service in a retail environment, preferably in a financial institution.
• Computer experience
Proficient PC skills with general computer programs such as Outlook (email and calendar), Excel, Word Processing and other financial institution related programs.
• Required skills and abilities
o Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to speak and interact effectively with members and employees, to include the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
o Ability to work independently and as part of a team, while remaining detail-oriented to deliver accurate work in a fast paced member-focused environment.
o Knowledge of applicable banking laws/policies/principles/etc.
o Proven ability to adapt to different roles as needed to deal with unexpected events.
o Ability to obtain a government security clearance required.
o Ability to be bonded by an insurance company.
o Analytical, problem solving, planning and organization skills.
o Ability to use a 10-key calculator, fax, copier and other office machinery.
o Proven ability to report to work as scheduled.
o Experience with related financial institution customer service systems or other closely related financial data entry and retrieval systems/equipment.
• Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position involves typical office work such as the use of the PC, reviewing manuals and related office papers, the use of the telephone, fax, and photocopy machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit; occasionally required to stand; walk; reach; talk; and hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
• Performs various member transactions, requests and inquiries that may involve cash and check handling, research, and bill payments through 3rd party vendors, incoming mail and night deposit transactions.
• Act as Vault Custodian buying, selling and ordering cash in the absence of Senior/Head Teller.
• Responsible for assisting with balancing of cash drawer, ATM, coin machines and recyclers, and other areas or functions that contribute to Branch Balancing.
• Educate members on the features and benefits of products, services and promotions for referral to the MSR’s to deepen member relationships and grow company profitability.
• Assists with dual control for vault entry, counting cash shipments and performing cash audits.
• Comply with all fraud, robbery, federal regulations and identification guidelines to include, but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act and other training activities that may be delivered in-person, online, or offsite to remain current on policies, procedures and regulations.
• Open miscellaneous accounts, process maintenance on member accounts, answer phones, send faxes and order branch supplies.
• Perform other duties as instructed or assigned by your Supervisor or Manager.
• Occasionally attend meetings or events that may occur outside of regularly scheduled work hours
• Cross-train to help with other duties as assigned.
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of this role.
Securityplus Federal Credit Union is a $380 million not-for-profit, member-owned, full service financial institution, with several branches across the Baltimore community, since 1938 with over 35,000 members. We offer excellent employee benefit programs including access to Securityplus FCU products and services, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), pension plan, tuition assistance program, AFLAC, flexible spending accounts, paid: life insurance, disability benefits, PTO and holidays, along with a competitive compensation program.
If you want to work for a growing, dynamic financial institution in a stable and supportive work environment, please apply at https://www.securityplusfcu.org/1/membership/employment.aspx by selecting 'Find Your Position'. All positions at the Credit Union REQUIRE a positive Credit and Background History. Successful candidates will be subject to a pre-employment drug screening and a background investigation, which includes a credit check.
Securityplus Federal Credit Union
P.O. Box 7560
Baltimore, MD 21244
Attn.: Human Resources
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.