Fairfax County Federal Credit Union is currently seeking a full-time Loan Processing Manager at our Fairfax location. Here at Fairfax County FCU, we are committed to being an inclusive organization where our employees are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on skills and performance, and encouraged to reach their full potential. Benefits of full time employment at the Fairfax County FCU include medical, dental, and vision insurance, company-paid life and long term disability insurance, vacation and sick leave, 401(k) with matching contributions, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and employee discount loan programs.
The role of the Loan Processing Manager is to manage the direction and supervision of the loan processing department and to assist in meeting Credit Union goals and objectives while ensuring compliance with Credit Union lending policy. The Loan Processing Manager continually strives to improve the member experience in a cost efficient manner. This position is 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Occasional evening or weekend shifts may be needed. The Loan Processing Manager reports to the Vice President of Processing & Administration.
- Minimum of three years of management experience in a lending production environment or comparable experience.
- A two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program.
- Strong verbal and written communication and supervisory skills. Must model courtesy, tact, and diplomacy. Ability to work within deadlines and under pressure.
- Must have extensive knowledge of consumer and real estate lending practices and procedures and in-depth understanding of and ability to interpret regulations affecting lending programs.
- Must have NMLS experience and pass background check. Must maintain bondability.
- Microsoft Office proficient (includes Word and Excel). Utilize standard office equipment.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. Ability to sit at a desk for extended periods.
- Occasional travel required. Occasional evening or weekend shifts. This position requires a valid driver's license be maintained.
- Supervises of department staff, including hiring, scheduling, training, directing, monitoring work, and conducting performance reviews. Allocates resources to meet operational needs within the department. Evaluates products and procedures currently in place and makes recommendations to enhance the lending program. Assists with maintenance and support of all other credit union systems and applications as needed.
- Assists members with loan applications and prepares them for review by a Loan Officer. Follows up with internal and external loan officers/processors to determine status. Processes approved loans and sets up date and time with member to close the loan and make disbursements. Maintains loan accounts, including compliance with TILA RESPA and required reporting to regulatory agencies.
- Partners and develops relationships with organizations involved with mortgage, real estate, and equity lending. Works with the VP of Processing & Administration and the VP of Marketing to represent the Credit Union to outside organizations in order to foster loan growth.
- Assists with testing of new and updated loan systems, products, and procedures related to real estate lending. Helps coordinates training and education for the staff on new and enhanced lending products, procedures, and policies, including TILA RESPA specific requirements.
- Ensures the department is meeting all Credit Union loan processing criteria while providing prompt, professional, and accurate service and support to all members, employees, and associates. Troubleshoots and resolves member and employee issues in a timely and accurate manner.
This job description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position. Final candidates must successfully complete the required pre-employment assessments designated for this position.
Please send resumes with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.