Under the direction of the Member Solutions Assistant Manager, perform a variety of investigative and general office duties relating to the collection of delinquent loans.
Education/Certifications: Equivalent to a high school diploma plus specialist training in collections.
Experience: 5+ years of experience in credit and collections.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Knowledge of credit and collection practices preferred. Excellent listening skills in addition to effective written and oral communication skills. Ability to prioritize, negotiate and meet deadlines. Strong analytical skills and mathematical skills to include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Proficiency in using the computer and computer software programs to include Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint is a must. Able to work both independently and part of a team.
Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and be capable of transporting related supplies and equipment. Specific vision abilities by this job include vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Member Solutions Representative III will be responsible for the collection of the delinquent loan portfolio which includes but is not limited to delinquent, bankrupt, legal, and charged-off loans. Duties include processing required documents on all collection activity, payment arrangements, and correspondence.
• Duties involve contact with members, attorneys, repossession agents and other vendor partners, skip tracing to locate members by utilizing available collection tools, contacting delinquent members, encouraging re-payment, documenting collection activity, processing repossessed property, and maintaining applicable records and reports. The collection process is conducted in accordance with credit union policy, bankruptcy code, legal regulations, and Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and governing state laws.
• Duties encompass determining the reason for delinquency, making appropriate arrangement to bring the accounts current, negotiate extension agreements, collection maneuvers and refer to Member Solutions Assistant Manager for review.
• Duties include working with APG Financial Counseling to assist member with their budget, and as an alternative to filing bankruptcy. Review of loan documents for proper documentation will be completed any unjust decisions, inconsistency, and or missing documentation will be referred to the Member Solutions Assistant Manager.
• Under the direction of the Member Solutions Assistant Manager, coordinate collection accounts assigned to attorney(s) for recovery. Liaison with the legal counsel staff on accounts and represents the APGFCU in litigation as required. Duties include but are not limited to, monitoring, and the collection of all legal accounts open and charged-off. Provide attorneys with loan documents, current member information, and monitor the flow of work between the attorney and the credit union to ensure efficient collection results. Monitor all payments on legal accounts to ensure the member are credited the proper amounts and all attorney fees have been accounted for. Any discrepancies will be reported to the Member Solutions Assistant Manager.
• Duties included but not limited to, are processing bankruptcy notices, filing proof of claims, lift of stays, reaffirmation agreements and amendments to claims. Also includes processing discharge notices, dismissal notices, monitoring trustee and bankrupt member payments, repossession, and foreclosures as it pertains to a bankrupt member. Contact members, members counsel, bankruptcy trustees as applicable and maintaining accurate bankruptcy records and reports. Will review loan documents, bankruptcy documents, and report questionable bankrupt filings to advising legal attorney and the Member Solutions Assistant Manager.
• Duties include but not limited to, are collection of outstanding collateral titles, filing claims against decease estates to recover loan amount due, filing of necessary documents to obtain possible refunds on extended warranties, GAP and CPI.
Documentation, Record Keeping & Reporting:
• Review loan file and collection system to ensure all documents are in order, titles are on file and all collection activity has been documented.
• Maintain proper documentation of collection work. Monitor payments to ensure proper log in for an accurate monthly accounting. Maintain applicable recovery collection logs, statistics and reports as required.
Assist in the training of employees within the department if requested by the Member Solutions Assistant Manager
• Serve as backup for other team members in their absence.
• Must be flexible; able to work a varying schedule
APGFCU – Your Community Credit Union! For over 75 years, APGFCU has shared our financial experience and provided valuable products and services to build stability and financial independence, one member at a time. We are looking for those who want to join this movement and become a part of a growing organization. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, which include pension, safe harbor 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, LTD, STD, flexible spending, medical, dental, vision and generous annual and sick leave to qualified individuals with remarkable customer service skills.
Apply online at www.apgfcu.com/jobs - search and apply for the Member Solutions III position.