Responsible for proactively strengthening member relationships by identifying member needs and providing the appropriate financial solutions. In conjunction with the Chief Development Officer is responsible for organizing and implementing the Credit Union's membership development, relations and engagement functions. Assist in strategizing and developing plans on how best to reach out to the community to show benefits of Credit Union membership in ways that translate into new MC EFCU memberships. Actively develops and maintains communications with field of membership groups to support and promote the Credit Union, build membership and increase product usage. Initiates and participates in membership events at all sites. Is responsible for being a brand ambassador for the Credit Union, and participates in activities that increase our name recognition in the membership community. Responds to questions and/or provides information upon request from members and prospective members. Assists members in understanding and utilizing Credit Union products and services.
BA/BS in business, marketing, communications, training or related field required, plus a minimum 3 to 5 years’ professional sales and business development experience in a financial institution. Bi-lingual preferred. Additional years of related credit union branch and operational experience may be substituted for a degree.
1. Demonstrated knowledge in sales, business development and deposit acquisitions.
2. Successful track record of identifying, developing and closing new business (membership acquisitions)
3. Excellent organizational, problem-solving and time management skills.
4. Excellent verbal, written, telephone and interpersonal communication skills. Strong business writing and presentation skills.
5. Ability to successfully manage multiple projects/priorities simultaneously and produce the desired results. Previous public relations experience. Ability to be flexible in dealing with changing priorities.
6. Ability to follow-through and react quickly to changing situations.
7. Must be a self-starter, capable of identifying needs/requirements.
8. Ability to successfully work independently and in a team setting.
9. Ability to identify issues, recommend solutions and implement resolutions.
10. PC proficient including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet). Familiarity with financial institution rules, regulations and laws.
11. Ability to function in a financial institution branch environment and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to: PC, fax, copier, telephone, etc. Travel required. Ability to lift a minimum 25 lbs., e.g. file boxes.
12. Local travel 50% or more.
1. Act as liaison/ambassador between the Credit Union and its various partners (SEG’s, businesses within Credit Union industry and/or field of membership and Hispanic community).
2. Initiate contact and visit existing and potential SEGs. Maintain ongoing contacts with these groups.
3. Establish relationships and support for Credit Union with officials that serve the Credit Union’s interests in attracting new members and retaining existing members. Actively participates in and/or provides support and management programs as they relate to communication and the membership development agenda. Encourages the spread of credit union values to members and staff through active involvement and continual communication.
4. Coordinate activities with applicable Credit Union staff (Sales & Service Director, Lending Director, outsourced Marketing Manager and/or Chief Development Officer) to include sponsor meetings, membership drives, etc. Organize and facilitate Credit Union orientation and registration for prospective members from current employer groups.
5. Responsible for maintaining and enhancing member group relations by visiting their workplace and conducting on-going Credit Union sales presentations. On an ongoing basis, advises the Credit Union of outcome of meetings with partner officials and status of the partners or businesses interest in supporting the Credit Union.
6. Participates in various outside functions that promote Credit Union membership. Responds to questions about the Credit Union from personal contact, mail, e-mail or phone requests.
7. Educate members about features and benefits of MC EFCU products & services, including new offerings, convenience services & promotions. Examples: FICO® credit score, GreenPath and mobile services.
8. Explain and demonstrates MC EFCU digital services for members. Responsible for accessing and becoming familiar with all MC EFCU digital services. Examples: Online Banking, Loan Application, etc.
9. Utilizes tact and experience based knowledge to resolve more complex member and digital banking issues, explaining specific policies and products, while representing the Credit Union in a professional manner and maintaining positive member relations.
10. Performs other Membership Development and administrative duties as assigned by the Chief Development Officer.
Montgomery County EFCU (MC EFCU) is one of the premier financial institutions, serving the residents of Montgomery County, MD and beyond. As a Credit Union, MC EFCU offers its members a wide array of financial services, supported by the best in technology, and offering the best value by leveraging the cooperative, not-for-profit structure of a credit union.
Please send cover letter and resume, with complete salary history and requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letters without salary history will not be considered.