Vice President Anti-Money Laundering & Security
Lafayette Federal Credit Union
Location: Rockville, MD
Welcome to Lafayette Federal Credit Union Careers! Our organization is growing, and we are seeking top-notch individuals to provide support to our members. Our employees are a critical component in in our endeavor to be the premier financial partner for every one of our members.
- Do you have experience developing, implementing, and overseeing comprehensive anti-money laundering prevention?
- Are you a strategic thinker who can manage regulatory compliance, and assess risks?
If so, then Lafayette Federal may have the perfect opportunity for you! We are currently seeking a Vice President Anti-Money Laundering & Security to join our dynamic team!
Our Difference: What makes Lafayette Federal cutting-edge? Lafayette Federal Credit Union is not only a great place to bank, but also a great place to work! We have been recognized nationally by (1) Newsweek’s America’s Best Bank’s list, (2) we’ve received a 5-star rating from Bauer financial, and (3) we’ve also ranked #12 in S&P Global’ s Top Performing Credit Union’s in 2022 for the second year in a row!
Our Culture: Lafayette Federal is about inclusion, diversity, high performance, and new opportunities. Teamwork and our sense of community also make Lafayette Federal a great place to work. Each person is valued for his or her unique set of skills. We share a common devotion to the people we serve, participating in charity events throughout each year and giving back to the community.
Our Opportunities: Professional development, training, and certification is a priority for our employees. We want you to reach your career goals and provide support that leads to opportunities of advancement within the industry.
About the role:
We are currently seeking a Vice President Anti-Money Laundering and Security who would be responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing comprehensive Anti-Money Laundering, fraud prevention, and security programs to safeguard the organization against financial crimes, fraud, and security breaches. This role requires a strategic thinker who can manage regulatory compliance, assess risks, and establish effective control mechanisms.
Education & Experience
Experience 10-15 years of financial institution or law enforcement experience.
Education (1) A bachelor’s degree, or (2) achievement of formal certifications recognized in the industry as equivalent to a bachelor’s degree [e.g. Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (ACAMS), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)].
A day in the life of a Vice President Anti-Money Laundering and Security will include:
- Developing, implementing, and managing Anti-Money Laundering policies, procedures, and controls in compliance with local and international regulations.
- Conducting regular risk assessments and due diligence on customers, transactions, and third-party relationships.
- Monitoring and reporting suspicious activities to relevant authorities as required by law.
- Staying up to date with Anti-Money Laundering regulations and industry best practices, ensuring the organization’s continued compliance.
- Designing and implementing strategies to prevent and detect fraud, including identity theft, payment fraud, and cyber fraud.
- Investigating and analyzing fraud incidents, identifying patterns and vulnerabilities.
- Overseeing fulfillment of subpoenas and law enforcement requests.
- Collaborating with law enforcement agencies and legal teams to prosecute fraudsters when necessary.
Top benefits or perks:
Joining Lafayette Federal comes with perks to support you in your personal and professional journey.
We provide employees with a generous benefits package including:
- Employer paid (99.9%) health insurance premium for single and family coverage (HMO Plan)
- Fully funded deductible (HMO Plan)
- 401k employer matching contribution
- Income protection with life insurance, short and long-term disability
- Paid time off & holiday leave
- Educational assistance
- Commuter benefits program and more!
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It is not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job.
*Lafayette Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer
How to Apply
Please apply using the following link:
Join Our Mailing List
Keep up with the latest industry info, advocacy updates, member spotlights and upcoming events.