Prince George's Community Federal Credit Union
Location: Bowie, Beltsville, Largo, MD
Under general supervision, but following established policies and procedures, the Teller provides a variety of member service functions, such as processing checking account, savings account, and loan transactions; cashing checks, dispensing cash, etc. The Teller is responsible for providing quality member service, cross-selling the Credit Union’s services, and balancing each day’s transaction and verifying cash totals; responding to questions and/or providing information upon request from members (internal and external); processing requests/transactions, as appropriate; assisting members and potential members in understanding and utilizing the Credit Union’s products and services.
This is a full-time position (Monday thru Friday) with frequent Saturday hours. The ideal candidate will have the flexibility to work additional hours as needed for training or supporting occasional community events and must consistently uphold the mission, vision, and core values of the Credit Union, while possessing the ability to cope in a team focused, fast-paced sales and service culture.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process all transactions for members via a teller terminal, including deposits, withdrawals, account closings, loan payments, cash advances and transfers. Disburses money orders and cashier checks. Balances each day’s transactions and verifies cash totals. Completes teller summary sheet. Receives checks and cash for deposit in savings and checking accounts, verifies deposit amounts, examines checks for endorsement and negotiability, and prints transaction receipts. Cashes checks and disburses money from savings and checking accounts upon verification of signatures and customer account balances. Inspects all checks, bonds, drafts, money orders, savings withdrawals, and so forth to determine their negotiability.
- Gives prompt, efficient, and accurate service in the processing of all transactions. May place stop payment on checks; provides copies of cancelled checks, etc.
- Promotes Credit Union’s services through cross-selling and referring members to appropriate staff.
- Receives loan payments ensuring that payments equal the amount due and all late charges, if applicable, are collected. Enters payments received into the Credit Union’s records via on-line terminal.
- Prepares individual daily settlement of Teller cash and other transactions bringing cash drawer and settlement sheets into balance. Locates and corrects discrepancies.
- May be required to check and assemble all supplies in the branch. Stock/replace forms, brochures, etc. as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Requires High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Requires a minimum of six to twelve months of teller or member service in a credit union or retail environment.
- Requires basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent math ability and attention to detail.
- Achieves complete grasp of all products, services and promotions to provide knowledgeable referrals.
- Meets all goals as assigned such as number of referrals, error limits, balancing, etc.
- Perform member service functions efficiently, effectively, and accurately in accordance with established policies, standards, and security procedures.
- Exhibits Credit Union ECO standard of excellence in conduct and interactions with colleagues, current and potential members, and members of the community.
- Actively and enthusiastically participates in the cross selling of various credit union products and services.
This is a branch-based, public-facing position requiring regular weekend work and occasional travel within the field of membership. Evening work may be required to achieve efficiency or for occasional trainings. Work activities may require standing, lifting, bending, stooping, kneeling, reaching, prolonged sitting, and lifting upto 25 pounds.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please complete our online appplication.
Join Our Mailing List
Keep up with the latest industry info, advocacy updates, member spotlights and upcoming events.