Sr. VP – Member Services
Freedom Federal Credit Union
Location: Bel Air, MD
The Freedom Federal Credit Union Difference
Freedom Federal Credit Union believes that a great member experience begins with a great employee experience. We value our employees not just for their talent, but also for the difference they make to our members and the Harford County and Baltimore County communities we serve. We strive to help our employees live up to their fullest potential, and, with that in mind, provide each of them with a healthy, safe, and positive, yet challenging, work environment. A positive work-life balance, personal growth, purposeful work, and recognition of accomplishments are an essential part of what we offer. We’re looking for people to join our team, who share our vision and passion to make a positive financial impact on our members’ lives. If you’re ready to take the next step, join Freedom to truly make a difference.
This position is eligible for a $500 sign-on bonus.
The primary role of the SVP – Member Services is to manage and coordinate the daily operations of the Branches, Contact Center, and Freedom’s ATM network. These activities include monitoring daily staffing, assessing operational training needs, maintaining consistency in forms and procedures, evaluating and strengthening sales and relationship building with members, tracking and achieving production goals, assuring top level member service and other similar activities. The SVP – Member Services is responsible for the Credit Union’s ATM network including ongoing operations and profitability, as well as expansion opportunities. This position complies with all federal, state, and organizational policies, procedures, and processes, including (but not limited to) the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and maintains confidentiality of current, past, and potential members and their personal and financial information.
Education & Experience
- Develop and execute strategic plans for Member Services.
- Assess employees and organizational structure and make changes as needed to optimize performance and build bench strength.
- Evaluate member service activity, product knowledge, consistency of information processes, and make recommendations for improvement and appropriate training.
- Evaluate and develop effective quality control for branch related documents, performance, and member satisfaction.
- Conduct routine branch visits and audits to assess operational strengths, weaknesses, and ensure compliance with government regulations and credit union and operational policies.
- Develop annual department budgets and manage performance against that budget.
- Prepare weekly/monthly management and board reports as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of competitive products and rate environment.
- College Degree is required.
- Six years of experience desired; Five years of experience is required.
- Supervisory experience is required.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods and coordination of people and resources.
- Excellent decision making and critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, precedents, and government regulations.
Freedom Federal Credit Union is a community-chartered federal credit union offering consumer financial services to those who live, work, volunteer, worship, attend school, or have family in Harford and Baltimore Counties. Additionally, Freedom offers a full line of banking services for all businesses, associations, and other organizations that are based in Harford and Baltimore Counties. To learn more, visit freedomfcu.org.
Freedom provides employees with competitive compensation, an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, an employer matching 401(K) Plan, generous paid time off, life insurance, short term and long-term disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, and career advancement opportunities.
Freedom Federal Credit Union conducts credit, bond, and background checks. All new hires must present evidence of authorization to work in the US. Freedom Federal Credit Union participates in the E-Verify program. Freedom Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected Veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you are a disabled applicant and cannot apply online, please contact Freedom directly at HumanResources@freedomfcu.org for assistance.
How to Apply
Please apply using the link provided:
Join Our Mailing List
Keep up with the latest industry info, advocacy updates, member spotlights and upcoming events.