Small Business Portfolio Manager
Lafayette Federal Credit Union
Location: Rockville, MD
Welcome to Lafayette Federal Credit Union Careers! Our organization is growing, and we are seeking top-notch individuals to provide support to our members. Our employees are a critical component in in our endeavor to be the premier financial partner for every one of our members.
- Do you have experience managing with small business loans?
- Do you enjoy analyzing complex financial data and identifying trends in order to make data-driven decisions?
- Are you detail-oriented and have strong organizational skills?
- Do you think collaboratively and strategically?
If so, then Lafayette Federal may have the perfect opportunity for you! We are currently seeking a highly motivated, experienced Small Business Portfolio Manager to join our dynamic team!
Our Difference: What makes Lafayette Federal cutting-edge? Lafayette Federal Credit Union is not only a great place to bank, but also a great place to work! We have been recognized nationally by (1) Newsweek’s America’s Best Bank’s list, (2) we’ve received a 5-star rating from Bauer financial, and (3) we’ve also ranked #12 in S&P Global’ s Top Performing Credit Union’s in 2022 for the second year in a row!
Our Culture: Lafayette Federal is about inclusion, diversity, high performance, and new opportunities. Teamwork and our sense of community also make Lafayette Federal a great place to work. Each person is valued for his or her unique set of skills. We share a common devotion to the people we serve, participating in charity events throughout each year and giving back to the community.
Our Opportunities: Professional development, training, and certification is a priority for our employees. We want you to reach your career goals and provide support that leads to opportunities of advancement within the industry.
- Developing and implementing effective portfolio management strategies to optimize loan portfolio growth, profitability, and risk management.
- Overseeing the Credit Union’s small business loan portfolio, monitoring loan performance, and proactively identifying potential risks or issues.
- Establishing relationships with small business members, serving as a trusted advisor and providing guidance on financial management, loan refinancing, and other related services.
Our ideal candidate stays updated on relevant regulatory requirements, industry best practices, and emerging trends in small business lending to ensure compliance and having the ability to recommend appropriate policy updates or changes. You will need to have familiarity with loan origination systems, credit analysis tools and other relevant small business documentation to evaluate creditworthiness, loan performance, and identify potential risks.
Top benefits or perks:
Joining Lafayette Federal comes with perks to support you in your personal and professional journey.
We provide employees with a generous benefits package including:
- Employer paid (99.9%) health insurance premium for single and family coverage (HMO Plan)
- Fully funded deductible (HMO Plan)
- 401k employer matching contribution
- Income protection with life insurance, short and long-term disability
- Paid time off & holiday leave
- Educational assistance
- Commuter benefits program and more!
We are headquartered in the heart of Rockville, MD where career growth meets urban vitality. Experience the perfect balance of professional opportunity and a lively community, creating a unique environment for success and fulfillment.
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It is not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job.
*Lafayette Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer
Education & Experience
Our ideal candidate will have prior experience with the Small Business Administration with knowledge of small business financing options, loan products, and portfolio management techniques specific to Credit Unions and their member-centric approach.
As the Small Business Portfolio Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the credit union’s small business loan portfolio, monitoring loan performance, managing risk, and implementing strategies to optimize portfolio growth and profitability. Additionally, you will play a critical role in ensuring the Credit Union’s lending activities align with the Credit Union’s strategic objectives while providing exceptional support to our small business members.
How to Apply
Join Our Mailing List
Keep up with the latest industry info, advocacy updates, member spotlights and upcoming events.