Senior Fraud Analyst
Lafayette Federal Credit Union
Location: Rockville, MD
Welcome to Lafayette Federal Credit Union Careers! Our organization is growing, and we are seeking top-notch individuals to provide support to our members.
Our employees are a critical component in our endeavor to be the premier financial partner for every one of our members.
- Do you have experience investigating suspicious transactions alerted through the fraud monitoring system?
- Do you understand the requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act and financial crime laws?
If so, then Lafayette Federal may have the perfect opportunity for you! We are currently seeking a Senior Fraud Analyst to join our dynamic team!
Our Difference: What makes Lafayette Federal cutting-edge? Lafayette Federal Credit Union is not only a great place to bank, but also a great place to work! We have been recognized nationally by (1) Newsweek’s America’s Best Bank’s list, (2) we’ve received a 5-star rating from Bauer financial, and (3) we’ve also ranked #12 in S&P Global’ s Top Performing Credit Union’s in 2022 for the second year in a row!
Our Culture: Lafayette Federal is about inclusion, diversity, high performance, and new opportunities. Teamwork and our sense of community also make Lafayette Federal a great place to work. Each person is valued for his or her unique set of skills. We share a common devotion to the people we serve, participating in charity events throughout each year and giving back to the community.
Our Opportunities: Professional development, training, and certification is a priority for our employees. We want you to reach your career goals and provide support that leads to opportunities of advancement within the industry.
About the role:
We are seeking a Senior Fraud Analyst responsible for maintaining the requirements of the Fraud Prevention Program. Your primary responsibility will be to analyze data, detect patterns, investigate suspicious transactions alerted through the fraud monitoring system. You will work closely with the BSA Department (Bank Security Act), to assist with the investigation and deterrence of fraud against Lafayette Federal Credit Union.
Education & Experience
3 – 5 years
A day in the life of a Senior Fraud Analyst will include:
- Working with cross-functional teams to ensure a proactive approach to fraud prevention and maintaining the integrity of the Credit Union’s operations on a daily basis to identify and researching incidents and/or allegations involving any new or existing accounts at Lafayette Federal, other organizations, or local, state, and federal authorities when required.
- Responsible for managing the Credit Union’s fraud prevention program. Monitors financial transactions and investigates possible fraudulent activity. Researches and validates suspicious account behaviors.
- Administrator for the credit union’s Anti-Fraud Software platform (Guardian Officer). Maintaining records of investigations in accordance with the Bank Secrecy Act
- Working with BSA Analyst in developing case files and provides data for timely completion and submission of Suspicious Activity Reports required under the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Responsible for filing police reports with the appropriate law enforcement agencies
- Tracking and fulfilling subpoena requests received for member information in criminal and civil proceedings.
- Assisting with training of credit union staff in fraud prevention best practices.
Top benefits or perks:
Joining Lafayette Federal comes with perks to support you in your personal and professional journey.
We provide employees with a generous benefits package including:
- Employer paid (99.9%) health insurance premium for single and family coverage (HMO Plan)
- Fully funded deductible (HMO Plan)
- 401k employer matching contribution
- Income protection with life insurance, short and long-term disability
- Paid time off & holiday leave
- Educational assistance
- Commuter benefits program and more!
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It is not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job.
*Lafayette Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer
How to Apply
Please apply using the following link:
Join Our Mailing List
Keep up with the latest industry info, advocacy updates, member spotlights and upcoming events.