Risk and Compliance Manager
Spectra Credit Union
Location: Alexandria, VA
Responsible for developing and maintaining a comprehensive Enterprise Risk Management program to ensure compliance of the Credit Union with NCUA rules, regulations, and statutory requirements. In coordination with the Executive Officers, directs policy development and legal compliance for the institution. Acts as the organization’s Bank Secrecy Act Officer and Compliance Risk Officer. Monitors and analyzes developing trends and changes in regulatory compliance, laws, rules, and regulations and advises Senior Management and the Credit Union’s Supervisory Committee of the operational impacts. Leads and provides professional development coaching to a staff of three Compliance personnel.
Education & Experience
- A college degree.
- Risk Assessment Capabilities
- Attention to Detail
- Critical Thinker and Problem Solver
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Skills
- Demonstrate leadership and credibility.
- Relationship-building skills.
- High level of respect and trust.
- Exceptional Organization
- Excellent Communication
- NCUA rules, regulations, and statutory requirements
- Regulation requirements and best practices of the Credit Union’s external CPA auditors
- Ability to find the credit union’s third-party compliance consultant.
- Conducts internal compliance risk reviews and Quality Control audits.
- Coordinates testing efforts with internal departments and other testing functions within the Credit Union to share information.
- Serves as the Credit Union’s Risk and BSA/AML Compliance Officer
- Reviews CTRs, SARs, and large currency reports.
- Maintains the BSA Exemption List
- Process FINCEN requests for information
- Develop, implement, and monitor annual educational compliance training programs.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
How to Apply
Join Our Mailing List
Keep up with the latest industry info, advocacy updates, member spotlights and upcoming events.