Lafayette Federal Credit Union
Location: Rockville, MD
Welcome to Lafayette Federal Credit Union Careers! Our organization is growing, and we are seeking top-notch individuals to provide support to our members. Our employees are a critical component in our endeavor to be the premier financial partner for every one of our members.
- Are you a smart, organized, and resourceful professional?
- Do you have excellent attention to detail?
- Do you have experience with consumer and mortgage asset recovery?
If so, then Lafayette Federal may have the perfect opportunity for you! We are currently seeking a Recovery Specialist to join our dynamic team!
Our Difference: What makes Lafayette Federal cutting-edge? Lafayette Federal Credit Union is not only a great place to bank, but also a great place to work! We have been recognized nationally by (1) Newsweek’s America’s Best Bank’s list, (2) we’ve received a 5-star rating from Bauer financial, and (3) we’ve also ranked #12 in S&P Global’ s Top Performing Credit Union’s in 2022 for the second year in a row!
Our Culture: Lafayette Federal is about inclusion, diversity, high performance, and new opportunities. Teamwork and our sense of community also make Lafayette Federal a great place to work. Each person is valued for his or her unique set of skills. We share a common devotion to the people we serve, participating in charity events throughout each year and giving back to the community.
Our Opportunities: Professional development, training, and certification is a priority for our employees. We want you to reach your career goals and provide support that leads to opportunities of advancement within the industry.
About the role:
We are seeking a smart, organized, and resourceful professional to assist the Default Prevention and Recovery department in monitoring loans that are in default in the credit union loan portfolio as well as all tasks related to rehabilitation and sale of credit union owned assets (i.e. repossessions & REOs) to include valuation, insurance, utilities, release/recordings, purchase agreements, rental agreements, payment of insurance and taxes providing support services in managing the process of loan extensions, loan modifications and foreclosures. Our ideal candidate will maintain professionalism, confidentiality, and friendly service to our external members and internally amongst the staff. Accuracy, attention to detail, and time management are essential characteristics to be successful in this role.
Education & Experience
- Three to five years of similar or related experience
- A two-year college degree;
- Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or;
- Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program.
A day in the life of a Recovery Specialist will include:
- Managing the process for disposing of any assets owned by the credit union, to include rehabilitations, management, and resale of vehicles, (boats, RV’s etc.)
- Assigning accounts to foreclosure attorneys and repossession companies; voluntary, involuntary, abandoned, and impounded assets.
- Notifying corresponding departments and documenting once assets have been secured and/or foreclosure has been completed.
- Processing mortgage reinstatements and vehicle redemptions according federal and state guidelines. Assisting in activities related to loss mitigation to include loan extensions, loan modifications and foreclosures.
- Troubleshooting and resolving member and internal inquiries in a timely, friendly, and professional manner. Ensuring all written and verbal member correspondence and all related information are documented and/or scanned accurately and timely into the Collections system.
Top benefits or perks:
Joining Lafayette Federal comes with perks to support you in your personal and professional journey.
We provide employees with a generous benefits package including:
- Employer paid (99.9%) health insurance premium for single and family coverage (HMO Plan)
- Fully funded deductible (HMO Plan)
- 401k employer matching contribution
- Income protection with life insurance, short and long-term disability
- Paid time off & holiday leave
- Educational assistance
- Commuter benefits program and more!
We are headquartered in the heart of Rockville, MD where career growth meets urban vitality. Experience the perfect balance of professional opportunity and a lively community, creating a unique environment for success and fulfillment. Some traveling is required for this position.
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It is not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job.
*Lafayette Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer
How to Apply
Please apply using the following link:
Join Our Mailing List
Keep up with the latest industry info, advocacy updates, member spotlights and upcoming events.