Physical Security Manager
NASA Federal Credit Union
Location: 500 Prince George's Blvd Upper Marlboro, MD 20774, MD
NASA Federal Credit Union is in search of a Physical Security Manager to manage the day-to-day operations of Physical Security. The Physical Security Manager will create, plan, and implement security strategy, including standards and protocols for Credit Union occupied facilities. This position will act as a subject matter expert to evaluate and make recommendations for security systems and access controls for the Credit Union. It will manage, develop, train, and provide performance feedback and planning to staff in areas of responsibility. The Physical Security Manager will create, implement, and communicate policies, procedures, metrics, and reports to management and appropriate groups as assigned. It will assist and perform physical security audits and inspections of Credit Union locations and make appropriate recommendations to ensure the protection of employees and assets. The Physical Security Manager will also respond to alarms and assure 24/7 coverage for alarm notifications, with support and back-up from the Facilities Department and Branch Operations Department.
- Remains cognizant of and adheres to credit union policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, Right to Financial Privacy Act and Regulation E.
- Develops, updates, and implements strategy, including policies, procedures, and training, to protect personnel against harassment, threats, and violence. Develop and update physical security policies and procedures.
- Maintains up-to-date procedures, testing and training plans for building safety, evacuation, robbery, fire drills, active shooter drills and other safety and security issues.
- Partners with Facilities Department when addressing repairs or upgrades to security related equipment/structures.
- Prepares proposals and budgets for physical security program.
- Works with Facilities and Technology Services departments as necessary to plan for software and hardware upgrades, security systems integration and to ensure fire safety drills for all locations.
- Monitors and tests alarm and surveillance systems to identify potential security or safety issues and to ensure operational effectiveness of all security and fire systems.
- Stays up to date on physical security technology and local codes and regulations relative to Credit Union security systems.
- Ensures alarm systems are registered as necessary in the jurisdictions where Credit Union branches are located.
- As appropriate, manages and assists in the investigation of incidents, such as abusive behavior, assault/battery, robbery, larceny, and vandalism at any Credit Union location and provide reports to management and law enforcement as requested.
- Acts as first point of contact for individuals who have made threats to employees or other building occupants.
- Maintains awareness of criminal activity in areas that could impact the Credit Union (i.e., fraud, bank robberies, ATM thefts, larceny, vandalism).
- Maintains professional relationships with local and federal law enforcement agencies.
- Acts as a resource for employees with questions or concerns in areas of oversight.
- Provides input for the business continuity/disaster recovery plan in areas of responsibility and communicate changes to others as appropriate.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Additional experience may be substituted for education at the discretion of the Vice President/Chief Risk Officer.
- Three to five years of related experience is required.
- Course work or certification in Physical Security preferred.
- Experience managing access control, alarm, and surveillance systems, including hardware and software, required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and use of the Internet and imaging systems.
- Ability to work collaboratively across multifunctional teams.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Excellent organization skills.
Our generous benefit package includes:
- $72,500 – $96,875 / Annually
- 401(k) match to 6% of earnings – immediate enrollment and 100% vesting
- Choice of two health plans
- Life Insurance – no cost
- Long-term Disability Insurance – no cost
- Employee Assistance Program – no cost
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- 11 Paid holidays
- Profit Sharing eligible
- Pet Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
How to Apply
Join Our Mailing List
Keep up with the latest industry info, advocacy updates, member spotlights and upcoming events.