Lafayette Federal Credit Union
Location: Rockville, MD
Welcome to Lafayette Federal Credit Union Careers! Our organization is growing, and we are seeking top-notch individuals to provide support to our members. Our employees are a critical component in our endeavor to be the premier financial partner for every one of our members.
- Can you troubleshoot and resolve internal inquiries in a timely, and professional manner?
- Do you provide professional support, accurate information, and friendly service?
If so, then Lafayette Federal may have the perfect opportunity for you! We are currently seeking a Operations Specialist to join our dynamic team!
Our Difference: What makes Lafayette Federal cutting-edge? Lafayette Federal Credit Union is not only a great place to bank, but also a great place to work! We have been recognized nationally by (1) Newsweek’s America’s Best Bank’s list, (2) we’ve received a 5-star rating from Bauer financial, and (3) we’ve also ranked #12 in S&P Global’ s Top Performing Credit Union’s in 2022 for the second year in a row!
Our Culture: Lafayette Federal is about inclusion, diversity, high performance, and new opportunities. Teamwork and our sense of community also make Lafayette Federal a great place to work. Each person is valued for his or her unique set of skills. We share a common devotion to the people we serve, participating in charity events throughout each year and giving back to the community.
Our Opportunities: Professional development, training, and certification is a priority for our employees. We want you to reach your career goals and provide support that leads to opportunities of advancement within the industry.
About the role:
We are currently seeking an Operations Specialist to provide day-to-day member account servicing such as account inquiries, transaction adjustments, and research requests. The ideal candidate will utilize tact and experience-based knowledge to resolve complex member problems, explaining specific policies and procedures, while representing the Credit Union in a professional manner and maintaining positive member relations.
Education & Experience
Two years to five years of similar or related experience.
A 4-year college degree is preferred but completion of a 2-year college degree or specialized course of study at a business or trade school with an equivalent number of years of experience may be substituted for education.
- Providing all members with professional support, accurate information, and friendly service.
- Utilizing tact and experience-based knowledge to resolve complex member problems, explaining specific operational policies and procedures, while representing Lafayette Federal in a professional manner.
- Troubleshooting and resolving internal inquiries in a timely, friendly and professional manner.
- Maintaining positive member relations while adhering to policy and procedures.
Top benefits or perks:
Joining Lafayette Federal comes with perks to support you in your personal and professional journey.
We provide employees with a generous benefits package including:
- Employer paid (99.9%) health insurance premium for single and family coverage (HMO Plan)
- Fully funded deductible (HMO Plan)
- 401k employer matching contribution
- Income protection with life insurance, short and long-term disability
- Paid time off & holiday leave
- Educational assistance
- Commuter benefits program and more!
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It is not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job.
*Lafayette Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer
How to Apply
To apply to this position, please use the following link:
Join Our Mailing List
Keep up with the latest industry info, advocacy updates, member spotlights and upcoming events.