Mortgage Origination Sales Manager
NIH Federal Credit Union
Location: Rockville, MD
This position will work out of our HQ at Rockville, Maryland and will have a hybrid schedule. In office presence is required two- three days a week.
We are looking for more than just an employee, we are looking for a true team member dedicated to enhancing the member experience! Come join the credit union movement and Discover Banking With Heart at NIHFCU!
Be a part of our team where commitment to members with exceptional service and banking solutions that enhances their lives is our mission. If helping people and making a difference appeals to you, this is the place for you!
At NIHFCU, one of our core values is investing in our employees, which is why we offer perks like these:
• Benefit Package for all Full time employees includes health, dental, vision, Life insurance benefits
• 401(K) and profit sharing
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Career Advancement and development
• Credit Union Membership with discounted services and products
Local real estate market knowledge (DMV area) and conventional loan origination experience in Maryland required.
The Mortgage Sales Manager is responsible for the successful management of all aspects of the NIHFCU’s mortgage related sales efforts and a team of Mortgage Loan Officers (MLOs), while meeting or exceeding personal mortgage loan production goals and sales objectives
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Mortgage Sales Manager is responsible for generating new mortgage business by building ongoing mortgage referral network and develop relationships within the real estate community, including realtors, builders and developers.
- Develop and implement proactive business/referral contacts and attract new base of mortgage prospects.
- Maintain and manage personal mortgage loan pipeline and meet or exceed loan production goals and sales objectives.
- Assist the VP of Lending with meeting mortgage loan origination goals and standards by contributing to strategic plans and reviews, and implementing production, productivity, quality, and member service standards.
- Provide leadership, guidance, training and support to a team of Mortgage Loan Officers.
- Ensure compliance with all Investor requirements, federal regulatory requirements, and NIH Federal Credit Union policies and procedures during the loan origination process.
- The Mortgage Sales Manager provide guidance in resolving complex or challenging loan transactions, assist the MLOs with loan scenarios, re-structuring applications, evaluating loan documentation, investor guidelines and pricing, to achieve the best possible outcomes, while giving staff the opportunity to develop and contribute to the solution.
- Monitor the frequency and analyze the causes for expenses and cure fees paid by NIHFCU, resulting from errors and/or oversights, and take the actions necessary, including but not limited to training, changes in processes and procedures, and termination, as needed.
- Work with Marketing to develop marketing strategies, identify areas of opportunity, attend business development events, as needed, and provide input for mortgage related initiatives and marketing materials.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, developing, and retaining qualified, high-performing mortgage originations staff.
Education & Experience
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum ten (10) years mortgage production experience, with focus on sales, sales management, business development, marketing, customer service and compliance. Must have experience originating loans in the local real estate markets in the DMV area.
- Minimum five (5) years supervisory or management experience required.
- Must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac guidelines, as well as credit union lending policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of the requirements and features of the mortgage loan programs offered by NIHFCU, other private investors, and the secondary mortgage market.
- Strong loan math calculation skills including the use of automated spreadsheet development and basic analytics required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
- Ensure annual certification and training for the NMLS is completed as required.
REQUIRED COMPLIANCE COURSES
Ensure that work results and processes comply with relevant laws and with established NIHFCU policies, procedures, and practices, including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
Attend all required training or complete and pass all online required training courses as applicable.
How to Apply
Join Our Mailing List
Keep up with the latest industry info, advocacy updates, member spotlights and upcoming events.