Member Services Representative
Dept of Commerce Federal Credit Union
Location: 1401 Constitution Ave., DC
The Department of Commerce Federal Credit Union is seeking a Member Services Representative. The ideal candidate will have a high school diploma or GED with six months to one year of cash handling or teller experience.
Education & Experience
- Six months to one year of cash handling or teller experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Outstanding communication skills both verbal & written
- Strong sales skills
- Work effectively under pressure and maintain a positive attitude
- Customer focused
- Assist members with opening and closing accounts, answers questions about products and services and resolves problems that are within their authority to resolve.
- Receive and processes member financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals and loan payments; sells money orders and travelers’ checks; transfers funds from member accounts as directed.
- Post transactions to member accounts and maintain member records
- Identifies cross-sell opportunities and cross-sells services to members.
- Balances cash drawer and daily transactions
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The Department of Commerce Federal Credit Union is a community based financial institution located in Washington, DC. The credit union prides itself on its member services that harkens to the day when every member was known by their first name. Its field of membership includes most Department of Commerce employees and anyone who lives, works, worships or goes to school in Washington, DC. Established in 1933 the credit union has grown to over $400 million in assets with over 21,000 members. The credit union is very strong financially with consistent bottom line performance exceeding peer averages. The credit union offers a competitive salary and benefits package
How to Apply
Join Our Mailing List
Keep up with the latest industry info, advocacy updates, member spotlights and upcoming events.