Member Service Specialist
Location: Laurel, MD
At $34 million in assets, we are a small, but progressive and growing credit union. We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our team as a Member Services Specialist and help us move our organization to the next level.
Under general supervision and following established policies and procedures; performs a broad range of member services activities: in person and by phone, mail, e-mail, fax, and online services. Provides member services such as opening new accounts, ordering checks, corrections, etc. Responds to questions and provides information upon request from members both internally and externally. Processes requests and transactions as appropriate. Assists members and potential members in understanding and utilizing Credit Union products and services. Assists with Business Development activities.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Processes all member transactions in person and by phone, mail, fax, and online services including deposits, check withdrawals, account transfers and address changes;
- Gives prompt efficient and accurate service in the processing of all transactions such as opening new checking/savings accounts, direct deposits, Visa debit/reloadable cards and certificates. May place stop payment on checks, provide copies of cancelled checks and/or orders checks;
- Processes wire transfer requests and forwards to appropriate person for transmission. Assists members with payroll and direct deposit questions and set payroll distribution;
- Opens new member accounts and provides information to new and prospective members by explaining and cross-selling credit union products and services. Completes forms for opening and processing all types of accounts including but not limited to share, share draft etc. Educates and informs members regarding credit union services, products, policies, and procedures. Analyzes member accounts in order to provide better services. May conduct outbound calls to members to develop new business;
- Utilizes tact and experience-based knowledge to research and resolve member inquiries explaining specific policies and procedures while representing the Credit Union in a professional manner and maintaining positive member relations;
- Assists with Business Development activities when necessary, including visits to depots, membership drives etc.;
- Performs other branch/member services, lending, operational and/or administrative duties as assigned by the CEO or COO;
- Required to understand, be proficient in, and able to implement all requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), US Patriot Act and Anti Money Laundering Act (AML) as they relate their assigned duties and responsibilities. BSA/AML training is required annually of all employees;
- Actively participates as a Team Member in accomplishing yearly goals as set forth by the Credit Union’s annual strategic plan
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of credit union products, services, policies, procedures and regulations;
- Must possess strong customer service skills and service orientation;
- Good interpersonal skills and leadership skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Must be pc proficient including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Internet;
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills;
- Maintains current knowledge of regulations in all areas of position by reading and attending various seminars and educational classes;
- Ability to function in a financial institution branch environment and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to: PC, fax, copier, telephone etc.;
- Ability to represent the Credit Union at meetings with outside organizations;
- Ability to lift a minimum of twenty-five lbs.;
- Some travel required.
Education & Experience
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED);
- Minimum 2-4 years previous MSR and/or Lending and Sales experience in a financial institution or equivalent in retail, preferred.
- Experience working with customers and public;
- Must be bondable.
The Credit Union offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, a 401(k) Plan, annual bonuses, etc. All positions at WSSC FCU require a Credit and Background Check.
How to Apply
To apply, please forward your statement of interest and resume to email@example.com.
Join Our Mailing List
Keep up with the latest industry info, advocacy updates, member spotlights and upcoming events.