Member Service Representative I
Location: 1889 F Street, NW, DC
The Member Services Team is the forward face of our Credit Union. Working there, you will be alongside over a dozen individuals from different backgrounds with varied skillsets whose role is assisting OAS FCU members with their everyday needs. In order to succeed, you must be passionate about providing the best possible member experience. You will:
- Greet members at the branch.
- Help set-up members at the Virtual Appointment Station
- Use both cash and Cash Recyclers to complete member transactions.
- Process members’ financial transactions in person, and as they come in through e-mail, secure message, or regular mail: deposits, withdrawals, transfers, payments (loans and credit cards), and cashier checks. These are functions you will share with others.
- Balance daily transactions
- Process daily checks into the RBC (Remote Branch Capture – Check-21 system)
- Handle routine member inquiries and research, including basic VISA credit and debit inquiries, making copies of statements, processing Verification of Deposit requests, and issuing cashier checks or other documents as requested and as able
- Assist members with cash advance and PIN PAD electronic terminals.
- Process received mail (shared responsibility with other MSRs)
- Process outgoing mail including VISA credit and Debit cards (shared responsibility with other MSRs)
- Answer overflow Credit Union calls from the Global Access Branch and forward as needed to the appropriate MSR II or Manager for completion (shared responsibility with other MSRs.)
Education & Experience
- A strong customer service-oriented mindset.
- Bilingual speaking and writing in Spanish/English is highly preferred.
- An Associate Degree or minimum of one year of work experience in a customer-service or banking environment is preferred.
- Strong computer skills with multiple systems, and working knowledge of Office 365, especially Teams, Microsoft Word and Excel (or equivalent platforms).
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Be able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Be a quick and effective learner, and possess decision-making and analytical skills.
- Be a team player with a positive, energetic attitude.
- Able to adhere to all credit union policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Be attentive to and recognize and report any unauthorized attempt to gain member’s information.
- Rotation between branches as needed.
- Banking experience.
- Speaking and writing Portuguese.
- Ability to type cleanly and quickly.
- Working knowledge of the full MS Office Suite (other than those mentioned).
How to Apply
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements by EOB November 17th to email@example.com
Join Our Mailing List
Keep up with the latest industry info, advocacy updates, member spotlights and upcoming events.