Location: Alexandria, Virginia
The Marketing Manager is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the Marketing Department for developing, implementing, stewardship, and evaluating the credit union’s marketing strategies. Marketing objectives are carried out through, but not limited to, digital/mobile and social channels. This includes supporting company-wide strategies and business objectives to help grow the organization as a primary financial resource for our members and community.
An excellent candidate is one who enjoys inspiring their team and peers to connect their creativity and skills in the direction of the democratic vision. This person can quickly instill confidence and action with all team members (vendors included) to create the desired outcome. This type of leader loves the rewarding challenge of building a brand, culture, and financial freedom for members and communities. As an influencer, they realize the impact marketing contributes to success, how vital their execution is to meet organizational goals, and the importance of building relationships.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a pertinent field or equivalent experience, with demonstrated abilities in managing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines related to digital marketing.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of equivalent experience in the financial services industry is strongly preferred.
- Vendor Relations -Experience working with and managing multiple vendor relationships.
- Database analysis and marketing experience required. Ability to assess and analyze complex data, make correlations, and draw conclusions to develop target-marketing strategies.
- Strong background in financial services marketing and promotion techniques, including positioning, brand awareness, and promotion/advertising, with a thorough understanding of Credit Union products and services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external members, staff, and auditors
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Represent marketing on committees and cross-functional teams as required. Proactively engages appropriate DFCU staff regularly to ensure marketing plans and tactics are properly integrated across the credit union.
- Maintain competency in various software proficiency for video creation and editing, graphic design, and emerging technology
- Ability to write compelling, informative, marketing-oriented, and/or explanatory copy for various dissemination methods (print, voice, online).
- Ability to effectively present information verbally and in writing for interacting and communicating with individuals and groups from management, staff, membership, and vendor audiences.
- Maintain an intimate understanding of traditional and emerging marketing channels.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, creative direction, problem-solving, and supervisory abilities.
- Strong organizational and project management skills. Solid leadership and team-building abilities.
- Good, sound, practical judgment and Strong attention to detail
- Represents the Credit Union in a professional manner at membership drives and public relations events as needed.
- Other duties, responsibilities, and job functions as assigned
- Ability to perform essential job functions consistently, safely, and successfully with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively utilize and optimize the digital footprint via the use of analytical and conversion tracking tools and systems (i.e., Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics, vendor systems, etc.) to monitor, evaluate, and optimize the credit union’s digital media presence and performance.
- Effectively hires, mentors, and directs the activities of the Marketing Coordinator and Live Chat Agent. Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, appraising job results, coaching, counseling, initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Create original copy and write original content for all delivery channels to support and advance the marketing plan per the organization’s strategic plan
- Optimizing the credit union’s data warehouse, MCIF, marketing automation, social media management, and other customer information systems to data-mine and produce effective target market and segmentation strategies.
- Manages, supervises, and maintains relationships with outside vendors in promoting Credit Union services. (i.e., advertising agencies, mailing houses, digital/social marketing partners, etc.)
- Achieves financial goals by establishing marketing plans and objectives, developing budgets, controlling costs, and maximizing the use of assets.
- Works closely with the Vice President of Delivery Channels on areas of marketing strategy, campaign and product development, success measurement, market segmentation, member experience, and competitor analysis.
Democracy Federal Credit Union provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Democracy Federal Credit Union complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Democracy Federal Credit Union expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Democracy Federal Credit Union’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit resumes with contact information to Democracy FCU HR: Hire@tqcteam.com
Join Our Mailing List
Keep up with the latest industry info, advocacy updates, member spotlights and upcoming events.