Manager – Remote Services
MECU Credit Union
Location: Baltimore, MD
Collaboratively works with supervisor to manage the daily activities of the Remote Services Team of the E-Services Unit. This includes ATMs, Mobile Deposit, Interactive Teller Machine, and the settlement activities for all terminals. A strong background with GL management and reconciliation is required for this role.
Responsible for the accuracy and timely completion of the daily ATM/ITM settlement from internal system processing to external ATM/ITM system processor, which includes, but not limited to: Settlement entry postings to GL and GL verification confirming proper postings, strong understanding of ATM/ITM workflow to research and resolve settlement issues/outages.
Monitors status and site traffic for ATMs and Interactive Teller Machines, ensuring security, safety, and compliance. Provides technical support for the terminals as needed. Schedules and maintains business unit daily work flow activities to ensure service levels are met. Monitors arrival/departure times and internal activities related to the Remote Banking environments. Reassigns work tasks when needed, and successfully performs functions if necessary.
Stays informed on required regulations that affects activities. Follows prescribed policies, procedures, and regulatory guidelines when making day-to-day decisions. Develops, maintains, and updates procedures. Serves as the primary resource for team members’ questions and handles all member escalations as required for functional role. Trains new and existing staff on the area’s processes.
Provides guidance, coaching and timely feedback. Meet monthly with each team member to discuss performance and goals. Prepare annual performance evaluation and set goals, based on the specific role. Performs daily audit of team’s work activities to ensure timely delivery and service levels are being met. Pulls system reports to track and monitor activities and performance. Ensures business area is operating smoothly and efficiently. Make recommendations to business unit leaders for process improvements.
Education & Experience
This position is located at Corporate Headquarters in Downtown Baltimore. Incumbent will be required to report in office for this role.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Preferred
- Associates Degree – Required
- Will substitute banking or financial experience in lieu of education
- Three (3) Years – Financial Institution (recent experience), Required
- Three (3) Years – Supervisory (preferably at a Financial Institution), Required
- Three (3) Years – GL Management and Reconciliation, Required
Additional Experience Information
An understanding processing/tracking adjustments/reconciling items, as they relate to outstanding differences between internal ATM/ITM system processing to external ATM/ITM system processor and/or cash courier. In addition to having an understanding of adjustments/reconciling items, must be able to effectively communicate any difference issues, outages, adjustments, etc. to Credit Union staff/management, as well as the external ATM Network provider and cash courier.
Qualifications / Essential Functions
- Manage the daily activities of the E-Services Remote Services area and functions.
- Performs quarterly documented review of systems access for each individual who has access to an E-Services environment. Provides written report to business unit management within 10 days of the new quarter.
- Updates E-Services portion of the Intranet. Performs bi -monthly review to ensure current information is displayed. Provides documented request to manager for all recommended changes.
- The job duties may vary from time to time as assigned by management. These new duties are to be similar nature to other already assigned duties.
- Performs monthly one-on-one coaching with team.
While performing the duties of this position, the successful candidate is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle objects, tools, keyboards or controls; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and stoop or kneel. Must regularly lift and/or move files and equipment up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift/move up to 25 pound objects. Specific vision characteristics required by this position include close vision, adjust focus, and view a computer screen for extended periods of time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
MECU of Baltimore, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MECU conducts credit, bond and background checks.
How to Apply
To apply, visit the following website:
Join Our Mailing List
Keep up with the latest industry info, advocacy updates, member spotlights and upcoming events.