Lafayette Federal Credit Union
Location: Rockville, MD
Welcome to Lafayette Federal Credit Union Careers! Our organization is growing, and we are seeking top-notch individuals to provide support to our members. Our employees are a critical component in in our endeavor to be the premier financial partner for every one of our members.
- Have you handled both Mortgage and Consumer loans?
- Do provide excellent service to members and ensure quality control?
If so, then Lafayette Federal may have the perfect opportunity for you! We are currently seeking a Loan Servicer to join our dynamic team!
Our Difference: What makes Lafayette Federal cutting-edge? Lafayette Federal Credit Union is not only a great place to bank, but also a great place to work! We have been recognized nationally by (1) Newsweek’s America’s Best Bank’s list, (2) we’ve received a 5-star rating from Bauer financial, and (3) we’ve also ranked #12 in S&P Global’ s Top Performing Credit Union’s in 2022 for the second year in a row!
Our Culture: Lafayette Federal is about inclusion, diversity, high performance, and new opportunities. Teamwork and our sense of community also make Lafayette Federal a great place to work. Each person is valued for his or her unique set of skills. We share a common devotion to the people we serve, participating in charity events throughout each year and giving back to the community.
Our Opportunities: Professional development, training, and certification is a priority for our employees. We want you to reach your career goals and provide support that leads to opportunities of advancement within the industry.
About the role:
- Provide timely and effective service to members, employees, and related business relationships in the administration and servicing of Lafayette Federal’s mortgage and consumer loan products.
- Review systems to ensure quality control of mortgage and consumer loans.
- Assist with the preparation of daily and monthly investor reports as required by Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae, FHA/VA, internal regulations, and other external investors.
- Review and cure insurance related deficiencies and manage force placed insurance policies.
- Produce and reconcile daily mortgage settlements within the core system.
- Research and resolve general ledger differences and process exception payments.
- Handle all remittance requirements for various entities, including FHLMC, FNMA, FHA/VA, and others.
A day in the life of a Loan Servicer will include:
- Prepare and deliver loans for sale to Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae, and FHA/VA.
- Process various loan corrections.
- Process Subordination request
- Process and submit lien releases for mortgage.
- Track and release titles for Collateral Loans.
- Track, process, and ensure timely payment of real estate taxes, hazard insurance, private mortgage insurance, and other escrow items.
- Review and activate PMI certification.
- Review requests for SCRA Benefits.
- Prepare and review annual tax and insurance disclosure notices.
- Process and review interest rate change notices, payment change notices, and notifications for ballooning and maturing notes.
- Assist with research for audits, both internal and external.
- Ensure compliance with Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering/OFAC requirements.
- Collaborate on projects and other assignments under the direction of Loan Servicing Management.
Top benefits or perks:
Joining Lafayette Federal comes with perks to support you in your personal and professional journey.
We provide employees with a generous benefits package including:
- Employer paid (99.9%) health insurance premium for single and family coverage (HMO Plan)
- Fully funded deductible (HMO Plan)
- 401k employer matching contribution
- Income protection with life insurance, short and long-term disability
- Paid time off & holiday leave
- Educational assistance
- Commuter benefits program and more!
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It is not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job.
*Lafayette Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer
Education & Experience
Two years of similar or related experience.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Proactively finds and corrects issues that may arise.
- Represent Lafayette Federal in a professional manner.
- Troubleshoot and resolve inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Demonstrate dependability and punctuality.
- Embrace an inclusive and diverse office culture.
- Show enthusiasm and a positive attitude toward company success.
- Collaborate with colleagues on strategic projects and daily operations.
How to Apply
Join Our Mailing List
Keep up with the latest industry info, advocacy updates, member spotlights and upcoming events.