Information Technology Specialist
Location: Alexandria, Virginia
This position is responsible for providing day to day support and maintenance for the organization. Key areas of focus include, but are not limited to instillation of computer, technology set up of staff, and software/hardware updates. This person is the primary point of contact for helpdesk and ticketing system support that come from the employees of the credit union.
The ideal candidate for this role presents the technical IT skill needed for this position and strong customer service skills. This person is effective and motivated by providing support for all credit union systems over the phone, in email, and in person. They assist users by listening to issues, diagnosing system problems, effectively communicate their recommending, take action implementing appropriate solutions, and follow up to ensure their solution was lasting. This person has a positive/can do attitude.
Education & Experience
- Ability to analyze technology related issues, troubleshoot and implement technology-based solutions
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude
- Associates degree in computer information systems or 2+ years of previous IT Help Desk experience
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with the ability to translate technical information to user-friendly terms
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Excellent customer service skills to work effectively and collaboratively with end users
- Credit union or other financial experience is desired
- Proven ability to read, write and communicate at a level consistent with the requirements of this position
- Must have a valid driver’s license as travel is required to support branches. Company vehicle is provided
- Familiar with Windows 10, 11, Server OSs, and Office products (Word, Excel, Teams, Outlook)
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy Objects, and VoIP phone systems
- Good, sound, and practical judgment – Approach conflicts with diplomacy and tact
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills – ability to think “outside the box”
- Knowledge of Symitar’s Episys and other Jack Henry products is a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to lift 60 pounds. Ability to install and move equipment to include reaching, climbing, balancing; stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hardware & Software Installations – Coordinate the installation, upgrade, or replacement of workstation software and hardware within established timeframes. Makes sure installations are operable and trains users as needed.
- Maintain software and ensures appropriate safeguards are in place including equipment and licensing agreements, ensuring that updates are completed timely to minimize latency or service interruption
- Project Management – Periodically, this position will be working on small projects at the same time and will need to have strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Deliver excellent support services to staff, our internal members, by providing assistance, accurate information, sustainable problem resolution with a smile, courtesy, and expedient
- Test, implement, deploy, maintain, review, and administer network and security service capabilities that are required to effectively manage computer network defense.
- Initiates and produce accurate and timely routine daily job stream processes, running reports as needed or requested
- Other duties as assigned.
Democracy Federal Credit Union provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Democracy Federal Credit Union complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Democracy Federal Credit Union expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Democracy Federal Credit Union’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit resumes with contact information to Democracy FCU HR: Hire@tqcteam.com
Join Our Mailing List
Keep up with the latest industry info, advocacy updates, member spotlights and upcoming events.