Human Resources Internship Program
Lafayette Federal Credit Union
Location: Rockville, MD
Welcome to Lafayette Federal Credit Union Careers! Our organization is growing, and we are seeking top-notch individuals to provide support to our members. Our employees are a critical component in in our endeavor to be the premier financial partner for every one of our members.
Our Difference: What makes Lafayette Federal cutting-edge? Lafayette Federal Credit Union is not only a great place to bank, but also a great place to work! We have been recognized nationally by (1) Newsweek’s America’s Best Bank’s list, (2) we’ve received a 5-star rating from Bauer financial, and (3) we’ve also ranked #12 in S&P Global’ s Top Performing Credit Union’s in 2022 for the second year in a row!
In the Human Resources Internship program you should expect your day to day responsibilities to include:
- Performing clerical duties, taking memos, maintaining files, and organizing documents; photocopy, fax, etc. as needed
- Assisting in preparing information and research materials for projects and/or presentations;
- Answering phone inquiries, directing calls, and providing basic company information;
- Colleting and managing mail deliveries, packages, and courier deliveries;
- Recording notes and memos during meetings as well as typing documents, drafts, and reports;
- Managing databases and input information, data, and records;
- Researching and gathering documentation on company position in the industry
- Occasionally assisting in the set up, break down, organization, and maintenance of company events as needed
- Attending company functions and networking events, if applicable.
Competencies we’re looking for in this role:
Education & Experience
- Must be enrolled in an accredited university/college
- Must be at least18 years of age
- Must be willing to report to the office on a daily basis
- Must be available during our hours of operation (M – F, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM)
- Must have a positive credit standing
Qualified candidates will have the following:
- High school diploma or GED
- Self-directed and able to work with little to no supervision
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- This position requires manual dexterity, the ability to lift files and open cabinets.
- This position requires bending, stooping or standing as necessary.
- This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Office environment with job duties conducted via telephone, face to face meetings, and on the computer.
*Lafayette Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer
How to Apply
Please apply using the following link:
Join Our Mailing List
Keep up with the latest industry info, advocacy updates, member spotlights and upcoming events.