Human Resources Assistant
Lafayette Federal Credit Union
Location: Rockville, MD
Welcome to Lafayette Federal Credit Union Careers! Our organization is growing, and we are seeking top-notch individuals to provide support to our members. Our employees are a critical component in our endeavor to be the premier financial partner for every one of our members.
- Are you interested in a new and exciting opportunity as an Human Resources Professional?
- Would you describe yourself as a fast learner and multi-tasker?
- Are you a highly adaptable team player with strong attention to detail?
If so, then Lafayette Federal may have the perfect opportunity for you! We are currently seeking a Human Resources Assistant to join our dynamic team!
Our Difference: What makes Lafayette Federal cutting-edge? Lafayette Federal Credit Union is not only a great place to bank, but also a great place to work! We have been recognized nationally by (1) Newsweek’s America’s Best Bank’s list, (2) we’ve received a 5-star rating from Bauer financial, and (3) we’ve also ranked #12 in S&P Global’ s Top Performing Credit Union’s in 2022 for the second year in a row!
Our Culture: Lafayette Federal is about inclusion, diversity, high performance, and new opportunities. Teamwork and our sense of community also make Lafayette Federal a great place to work. Each person is valued for his or her unique set of skills. We share a common devotion to the people we serve, participating in charity events throughout each year and giving back to the community.
Our Opportunities: Professional development, training, and certification is a priority for our employees. We want you to reach your career goals and provide support that leads to opportunities of advancement within the industry.
A day in the life of an Human Resources Assistant may include:
- Initiating and maintaining completed employee status change checklists (ESCCs) collaborating and following up with support personnel, management and relevant staff on a regular basis.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date human resources files, records, and documentation within our internal network as well as the HRIS alike.
- Assisting the HR Department on ad hoc projects and initiatives.
- Providing clerical support to HR department to include invoice reconciliation and submission to accounts payable; maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of human resources files and records performing periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately; and assisting in employee onboarding and offboarding administrative tasks.
- As needed, covering the front desk duties during lunch hours and/or as needed to provide coverage for time off.
Education & Experience
High School Diploma
The ideal candidate will one to three years of relevant experience in human resources and demonstrate the ability to collaborate effectively with staff at all organizational levels. The ideal candidate has a professional demeanor, sound judgment and discretion when dealing with confidential matters. Punctuality, flexibility and attention to detail is extremely important to be successful in this role. Sometimes the environment is fast-paced and demanding which will require someone with excellent organization skills, time management, and multi-taking.
Top benefits or perks:
Joining Lafayette Federal comes with perks to support you in your personal and professional journey. We provide employees with a generous benefits package including:
- Employer paid (99.9%) health insurance premium for single and family coverage (HMO Plan)
- Fully funded deductible (HMO Plan)
- 401k employer matching contribution
- Income protection with life insurance, short and long-term disability
- Paid time off & holiday leave
- Educational assistance
- Commuter benefits program and more!
This position will report to our headquarters. We are located in the heart of Rockville, MD where career growth meets urban vitality. Experience the perfect balance of professional opportunity and a lively community, creating a unique environment for success and fulfillment.
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It is not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job.
*Lafayette Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer
How to Apply
Please apply using the following link:
Join Our Mailing List
Keep up with the latest industry info, advocacy updates, member spotlights and upcoming events.