Home Equity Specialist
Prince George's Community Federal Credit Union
Location: Bowie, MD
Prince George’s Community Federal Credit Union is seeking an experience professional with experience processing home equity loan applications to serve as our Home Equity Loan Specialist. This role provides members with information on credit union Home Equity products and services to members; receives, processes, and closes all Home Equity loan applications in a timely manner; and services the existing Home Equity accounts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handles all Home Equity Fixed and Lines of Credit requests made by phone, in person, etc., and completes the application process for underwriting
- Coordinates and prepares pre-closing and closing documentation; performs all system file maintenance and disburses funds; and scans all loan documentations
- Prepares all closing documents, HUDI sheet, and Deeds of Trust; completes the MD intake sheet; orders flood certifications; calculates all recordation and transfer taxes for each county and each dollar amount issued
- Closes home equity loans with the member(s)
- Handles all subordination requirements & agreements & collects fees
- Completes certificates of satisfaction for land records/Clerk of Court
- Orders and reviews title report prior to closing to ensure there are no liens, judgments, etc.
- Orders property appraisals after HELOC and/or 2nd trust processing and preliminary review from underwriter
- Prepares complete packet for the title company to send to the Clerk of Court
- Ensures all necessary title and Deed of Trust documents are completed and recorded properly within regulatory timeframe
- Record all HMDA tracking on all required loans; completes annual HMDA report
- Reviews HELOC advances to ensure proper rate and payments
- Handles loan payoffs; reviews loan payoff reports, weekly or bi-weekly, and conduct follow-up calls to members to initiate car/HELOC refinances
- Maintains loan documentation in members file, ensuring all policies and procedures of the Credit Union are followed; updates loan records as required; audits files to insure that all required documents are present and accounted for; and assists with filing and portfolio review
- Provides back office loan support, such as filing, etc.
- When necessary, Operates as back-up Loan Servicing Specialist on an as needed basis; including filing of Gap claims, life and/or disability claims, Debt protection, State National CPI, and death accounts
- Maintains a high level of knowledge and procedural expertise in all Credit Union loan products and services
- Assist in underwriting duties for non-home equity loans when needed
- Perform other lending and administrative duties as assigned by the Chief Lending Officer
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma, required; a Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of two years’ Home Equity lending experience required
- Two years’ demonstrated sales experience preferred
- Requires basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
The Home Equity Specialist possesses the ability to interact in a professional, respectful and courteous manner in all situations; and provides exceptional member service, ensures member satisfaction, and is able to coach others around them.
This is a full-time position (Monday thru Friday) and the ideal candidate will have the flexibility to work occasional community events (once or twice a year), must consistently uphold the mission, vision, and core values of the credit union, and possesses the ability to cope in a team focused, fast-paced sales and service culture.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please complete our online application.
Join Our Mailing List
Keep up with the latest industry info, advocacy updates, member spotlights and upcoming events.