Financial Wellness Advisor
Labor Credit Union
Location: Washington, District of Columbia
The Financial Wellness Advisor position is an essential position within the Labor Credit Union (Labor CU), that enables the credit union to live up to our purpose of being the foundation of financial success for our members by successfully carrying out the duties and responsibilities outlined below. (Labor CU) aims to be Bold & Innovative, Convenient, and Inclusive, and exhibit a Culture of Leadership, and Financial Stability. This role delivers exceptional financial service by telephone and through electronic (text) or digital channels (emails and chats), while successfully recommending and referring (Labor CU) products & services to our members. The Financial Wellness Advisor must possess strong financial services and sales skills with a strong emphasis on solving problems with minimal supervision. Must also possess strong verbal and written communication skills and a desire to help others.
Education & Experience
• Demonstrate a high financial literacy acumen and passion for guiding members to improve the member’s financial well-being. Through interactions with members via phone, video, or digital communications, determine member needs and goals, and provide information and options for the member to realize financial stability and wellness.
• Inform and educate members about credit union products or services that meet the member’s needs, assists the member with expanding the account relationship through the opening or activation of products and services, and cultivating a deeper relationship between the credit union and the members.
• Adhering to all established service levels for handling member inquiries through phone, video, email, or chat, or other digital communication channels, resolving member inquiries to the member’s full satisfaction of the outcome. Serves as the main point of contact with member through resolution of issues, regardless of handoff or referrals to additional support departments for completion of requests. Remains cognizant of and adheres to credit union policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Must have similar or related experience, particularly regarding customer service, sales, and a desire to help people.
• Excellent communication combined with customer service skills required.
• Certified Financial Counselor (CCUFC) certification is required within 12 months of
being in the role. Certain extensions may be granted depending on availability of required coursework and testing schedules
• High school education or GED required; some college preferred.
• Ability to work accurately and quickly across multiple software and hardware platforms while carrying on discussions with members, set priorities and manage time effectively with minimal supervision.
• Applicants must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, have ability to be bonded & insured, and be knowledgeable on the services that the Labor CU offers
$16-$18/hour. Salary Adjustments based on experience and certifications.
How to Apply
How to apply:
Submit application via Careers – Labor Credit Union (dolfcu.org)
Join Our Mailing List
Keep up with the latest industry info, advocacy updates, member spotlights and upcoming events.