Financial Reporting Manager
Lafayette Federal Credit Union
Location: Rockville, MD
Welcome to Lafayette Federal Credit Union Careers! Our organization is growing, and we are seeking top-notch individuals to provide support to our members. Our employees are a critical component in our endeavor to be the premier financial partner for every one of our members.
- Do you have experience forecasting to include the creation, monitoring, analyzation and updating of monthly financial statements, ALCO reports, annual plans, and operating budgets?
- Do you have experience in the preparation the annual budget, budget presentation, growth goal forecasts, PBIP Scorecard, and other goal related reporting?
If so, then Lafayette Federal may have the perfect opportunity for you! We are currently seeking a Financial Reporting Manager to join our dynamic team!
Our Difference: What makes Lafayette Federal cutting-edge? Lafayette Federal Credit Union is not only a great place to bank, but also a great place to work! We have been recognized nationally by (1) Newsweek’s America’s Best Bank’s list, (2) we’ve received a 5-star rating from Bauer financial, and (3) we’ve also ranked #12 in S&P Global’ s Top Performing Credit Union’s in 2022 for the second year in a row!
Our Culture: Lafayette Federal is about inclusion, diversity, high performance, and new opportunities. Teamwork and our sense of community also make Lafayette Federal a great place to work. Each person is valued for his or her unique set of skills. We share a common devotion to the people we serve, participating in charity events throughout each year and giving back to the community.
Our Opportunities: Professional development, training, and certification is a priority for our employees. We want you to reach your career goals and provide support that leads to opportunities of advancement within the industry.
About the role:
We are currently seeking a Financial Reporting Manager to join our winning team. Primarily, the Financial Reporting Manager will assist the Chief Financial Officer and the VP of Finance in financial reporting and forecasting to include the creation, monitoring, analyzation and updating of monthly financial statements, ALCO reports, annual plans and operating budgets, and comply with reporting for asset liability management, investments and liquidity and contingency funding.
Education & Experience
- Five to ten years of similar or related experience
- A master’s degree in a related field or;
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field, and achievement of formal certifications recognized in the industry (e.g. CPA, CMA, or CFA)
A day in the life of a Financial Reporting Manager will include:
- Preparing the monthly treasurer’s and management reports, write-ups, and minutes.
- Assisting the VP Finance in the preparation the annual budget, budget presentation, growth goal forecasts, PBIP Scorecard, and other goal related reporting
- Preparing, monitoring, analyzing, and managing the periodic reporting including but not limited to:
- Member Business Lending Report, with which monitors business lending relationships;
- Daily Cash Forecasting Report, with which predicts and monitors the credit union’s liquidity levels with the Federal Reserve Bank;
- Quarterly Liquidity Projections Report, with which models trend changes in cash flow with the rebalancing of the portfolio;
- Cost of Funds Reports, with which monitors the total cost of liabilities on the Balance Sheet;
- Risk Management Reports: Financial, Liquidity, ALM, MBL and FR2900
- Indirect Lending Reports
- Supporting analysis of monthly close, cyclical forecasts and annual budget development (internal and external) and reviews and management of indirect rates/expenses and capital budgeting process
- Developing and improve reporting, forecasting, data modeling, and budgeting processes as part of continuous improvements throughout the company
- Managing, training, and mentoring the Financial Report Analyst(s)/Specialist(s)
- Addressing process and financial management issues and looking for continuous improvements for cost efficiencies and improvements to products, pricing and processes by monitoring trends in operations and deposit services. Creating and managing profit and loss reports and analyzing expenses by cost function.
Top benefits or perks:
Joining Lafayette Federal comes with perks to support you in your personal and professional journey.
We provide employees with a generous benefits package including:
- Employer paid (99.9%) health insurance premium for single and family coverage (HMO Plan)
- Fully funded deductible (HMO Plan)
- 401k employer matching contribution
- Income protection with life insurance, short and long-term disability
- Paid time off & holiday leave
- Educational assistance
- Commuter benefits program and more!
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It is not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job.
*Lafayette Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer
How to Apply
Please apply on our Career page at:
Join Our Mailing List
Keep up with the latest industry info, advocacy updates, member spotlights and upcoming events.