Financial Controls Analyst
Lafayette Federal Credit Union
Location: Rockville, MD
Welcome to Lafayette Federal Credit Union Careers! Our organization is growing, and we are seeking top-notch individuals to provide support to our members. Our employees are a critical component in in our endeavor to be the premier financial partner for every one of our members.
- Do you have strong communication, and interpersonal skills?
- Are you effective at communicating issues through written reports, and presentations?
- Do you have exceptional organizational skills?
If so, then Lafayette Federal may have the perfect opportunity for you! We are currently seeking a Financial Controls Analyst to join our dynamic team!
Our Difference: What makes Lafayette Federal cutting-edge? Lafayette Federal Credit Union is not only a great place to bank, but also a great place to work! We have been recognized nationally by (1) Newsweek’s America’s Best Bank’s list, (2) we’ve received a 5-star rating from Bauer financial, and (3) we’ve also ranked #12 in S&P Global’ s Top Performing Credit Union’s in 2022 for the second year in a row!
Our Culture: Lafayette Federal is about inclusion, diversity, high performance, and new opportunities. Teamwork and our sense of community also make Lafayette Federal a great place to work. Each person is valued for his or her unique set of skills. We share a common devotion to the people we serve, participating in charity events throughout each year and giving back to the community.
Our Opportunities: Professional development, training, and certification is a priority for our employees. We want you to reach your career goals and provide support that leads to opportunities of advancement within the industry.
About the role:
- Performs work under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer which can include individual or multiple assignments and/or projects.
- Documents accounting, financial operations and DPAR processes under the Finance Department by updating comprehensive risk and control matrices/programs for assigned process areas.
- Performs detailed test work on the accounting, financial operations and DPAR processes including performing walk-throughs and tests of operating effectiveness on key controls.
- Follows up on the disposition of exceptions.
- Develops an understanding of the business and industry, organizational structure, and regulatory environment.
Education & Experience
Our ideal candidate will have:
- An undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or other relevant field
- A minimum two+ (2+) years of experience in Internal Controls, Internal Audit, and/or public accounting required. Experience in the financial services industries is a plus.
- Professional certification of Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Public Accounting (CPA) or working towards one of those certifications is a plus.
- Working knowledge of internal control analyses and risk assessment methodologies, COSO framework, generally accepted accounting principles and NCUA regulations is a plus.
A day in the life of a Financial Controls Analyst will include:
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with the Company’s staff and management as well as external auditors through periodic and effective communication to facilitate proactive assessment of the Company’s risk profile.
- Communicating with corporate senior leadership and departmental business managers to coordinate consolidated budget/forecast and to obtain corporate operational direction.
- Monitoring, analyzing, and reporting financial information through monthly financial narratives and other forums.
- Identifying and researching variances in budget/actual spend for senior leadership presentation.
- Providing support for and reviewing of critical financial decisions and strategic initiatives through monitoring and reporting on key performance metrics.
- Validating existing forecasts through the completion of financial modeling and trend analysis.
Top benefits or perks:
Joining Lafayette Federal comes with perks to support you in your personal and professional journey.
We provide employees with a generous benefits package including:
- Employer paid (99.9%) health insurance premium for single and family coverage (HMO Plan)
- Fully funded deductible (HMO Plan)
- 401k employer matching contribution
- Income protection with life insurance, short and long-term disability
- Paid time off & holiday leave
- Educational assistance
- Commuter benefits program and more!
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It is not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job.
*Lafayette Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer
How to Apply
Join Our Mailing List
Keep up with the latest industry info, advocacy updates, member spotlights and upcoming events.